Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Introduce Yourself

Old 09-08-2018, 04:16 AM

bill devin is on a distinguished road
Smile NEw here

Hi! I'm nw here and hope to make friends with people of like interests. I apologize in advance for the length of this message. I have a somewhat(!!) unusual background, in that I cannot play any musical instrument (although I have sung in church choirs for over 40 years (A tenor who can almost carry a tune.) I That is the sum total of my musical :training(!), although I have read MUSIC theory for Dummies and a few other similar books. I also took a few theory lessons from a local retired piano teacher. I have a bachelors degree from Michigan State University in Mathematics. I have always loved classical music, and compose music by humming in my head. After I retired, One day I I was walking with my son, humming away one of my string quartets, when my son said "Gee dad, that sounds neat, Why don't you write it down? " I was somewhat taken aback when my son continued "They've got music software programs you could use on your PC." To make a long story short, I bought Finale and started writing. As you can imagine I am strictly an amateur, but I'm really enjoying myself! I have written a complete mass (a Capella)several church anthems and a few short piano pieces. I've also written two movements of a string quartet, along with fragments of a piano concerto
. I don't pretend to be the second coming of Beethoven, but I like my music and several other people have told me that my pieces sound nice. I bought EWSC because I am tired of hearing finale's AHs . I am having trouble getting it to work so if anyone has any actual experience using finale with Wordbuilder, I would love to talk to you. Well this message is already too long, so I'll just say thank you for reading this, I'm looking to hear from you soon!
Old 09-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Hey Bill,

welcome to the forum.

I think you'd be surprised by how many guys on here didn't
study music or are doing something else professionally.

Be sure to share a piece or two in our Music Cafe.

Always feel free to post in the Suppor section here, to submit
a ticket http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?...ation&article=
or to go to www.soundsonline.com and click on LiveChat in the
lower right-hand corner, if you need any help.

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, On DAWs - "On Drives" is being Updated
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.40, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii
Old 09-09-2018, 06:48 PM

bill devin is on a distinguished road
Default Music cafe

How do i get to the music cafe? Thanks for your reply ... its great to make new friends and to know that There other "amateurs like me! I think all this is really neat!
Old 09-10-2018, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

We have multiple sub-forums, such as "General Discussion", or "Music Cafe".
Here's the link for the latter: http://soundsonline-forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

We all started out somewhere, right?

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, On DAWs - "On Drives" is being Updated
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.40, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii

Tags
ewsc wordbuilder, finale 25