Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 01-11-2018, 01:29 PM

anthonyb is on a distinguished road
Default Cubase Expression Maps for Hollywood Diamond Libs?

Hi, Has anyone created expression maps for the Hollywood Diamond Libraries (particularly Woodwinds, Percussion, and Harp) that they are willing to share? If not, can you direct me to a site where I can download them? I've searched but only found maps for Brass and Strings (see below). Thanks...

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support...xpression.html)
Old 01-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Are those two expression maps only for the Gold versions?

You might want to ask on Facebook in the Virtual Orchestration,
Orchestration Online and Cubase groups, if anybody has created
Expression maps for Hollywood Diamond libraries.

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, On Harddrives, On DAWs
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.30, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii
Old 01-12-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMW View Post
Are those two expression maps only for the Gold versions?
Hmm. I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMW View Post
You might want to ask on Facebook in the Virtual Orchestration, Orchestration Online and Cubase groups, if anybody has created
Expression maps for Hollywood Diamond libraries.
Will do. Thank you.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyb View Post
Hi, Has anyone created expression maps for the Hollywood Diamond Libraries (particularly Woodwinds, Percussion, and Harp) that they are willing to share? If not, can you direct me to a site where I can download them? I've searched but only found maps for Brass and Strings (see below). Thanks...

I don't have Cubase, but creating expression maps is something that interests me, not so much for Cubase, but for Dorico (part of the Steinberg group). Next week or the week thereafter there's another "Discover Dorico" session with John Barron, I'll ask if he can address this. The Dorico playback engine is still unimpressive but I expect big things maybe later this year or next year, and expression maps for the Hollywood series will fit into that.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:19 AM

Gil is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I also asked to someone who is doing expression maps (https://www.babylonwaves.com/expression-maps/).

If there is enough demande they can do it:
https://vi-control.net/community/thr.../#post-4178966

Regards,
Gil.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:42 AM

Ronny D. Ana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Hello,

I also asked to someone who is doing expression maps (https://www.babylonwaves.com/expression-maps/).

If there is enough demande they can do it:
https://vi-control.net/community/thr.../#post-4178966

Regards,
Gil.
I asked what they mean saying "enough demand".
Old 01-17-2018, 09:01 AM

Ronny D. Ana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny D. Ana View Post
I asked what they mean saying "enough demand".
[..]the first step is that EW makes templates with multiple assigned articulations for their instruments. i know that they are looking into that. unless that happens, there is nothing I can really support - even if there's a gigantic demand[..]
Old 01-17-2018, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

trumpoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hi Anthony,

I hate to be that guy that says 'do it yourself'. Expression maps are easy enough to create - plenty of videos on youtube to do it. The thing to remember is to use the expression map to change the midi channel so it sends to the correct midi channel in Play. The other thing to consider is that if you create them yourself, you can customise the maps to the articulations that you want to use.

I used to use expression maps and they were great for me at that stage. I now no longer do as it is easier to layer sounds with the one midi track per articulation method (yes I have a large Cubase template).
Old 03-04-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpoz View Post
Hi Anthony,

I hate to be that guy that says 'do it yourself'. Expression maps are easy enough to create - plenty of videos on youtube to do it. The thing to remember is to use the expression map to change the midi channel so it sends to the correct midi channel in Play. The other thing to consider is that if you create them yourself, you can customise the maps to the articulations that you want to use.

I used to use expression maps and they were great for me at that stage. I now no longer do as it is easier to layer sounds with the one midi track per articulation method (yes I have a large Cubase template).
My goodness, one track per articulation? Just how large is your template?

Does this method not complicate the composition process and score printing (because you end up with multiple tracks for one physical instrument)? And what about RAM considerations? Doesn't this way use considerably more memory?
Old 03-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member

trumpoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My goodness, one track per articulation? Just how large is your template?

Does this method not complicate the composition process and score printing (because you end up with multiple tracks for one physical instrument)? And what about RAM considerations? Doesn't this way use considerably more memory?
My template is about 400 tracks or so.

If what I write is for performance by live musicians it goes in to Sibelius first then in to Cubase. I havent had to do that as I have another soundset for Sibelius that works fine for sending out for demo purposes.

I personally find the 1 track per articulation works better for layering and stacking articulations. Personal preference though.