Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware

Old 10-06-2017, 06:41 PM

nick1981 is on a distinguished road
Default Control Surfaces advice

It's time I begin integrating a hands-on-nobs approach. I'm new to the control surface aspect, but I know enough to realize the new world of potential that control surfaces offer.

I have heard good things about two control surfaces: Q Con Pro X and the Mackie Pro. Although, I know there are more.

My interest is using the control surface(s) for automation during midi production as well as an overall/concluding mix. I'm also interested in an option to add extensions.

DP is wonderful. However, Cubase has been calling to me. With that in mind, perhaps you could as well consider I'll be using a PC running Cubase. I have a Mac Pro but I'm going all in with PC as far as sample libraries are concerned. Again, I mention that in the event it will have any effect on your advice.

I know you, JSpencer are a strong advocate for Cubase. Any tips from you or other long (or short) time users of Cubase is much appreciated, as well.

So it seems this thread introduction began general and now has funneled into something a bit more specific. I apologize for that. Still, I (and others I'm sure) will benefit from your technical wisdom. Please share.

thanks
PC SLAVE: ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX Intel Motherboard; Intel Core i7-4730K 3.2GHz Six-Core Desktop Processor; CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB Ram (8 x 8GB); Corsair Obsidian Series 900D CC-9011022--WW Black Computer Case; Steinberg UR22

SAMPLE LIBRARIES: Hollywood Diamond libraries of Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion, Symphonic Orchestra, Pianos Platinum, Symphonic Choirs, RA
Old 10-15-2017, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member

trumpoz is on a distinguished road

Ive only ever used cubase. It is great for what I need.

Control surface-wise - if you can swing for a used Eucon-based surface they have the tightest integration with Cubase. The Eucon protocol was initially designed for Cubase/Nuendo...... befote Avid purchased Euphonix.

Mackie Control Protocol works fine. Im looking at an Icon Platform M and D combo atm. Just need to find somewhere that stocks it so I can try the faders.

Tags
automation, control surface, cubase, hardware, mixing