Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 02-08-2018, 08:44 PM

bluearrows is on a distinguished road
Default Which Instrument Am I Using

I'm using East West inside Sonar X3. I opened a track I haven't worked on for a while and in this piece there's a cello track.When I open the output of this track to open the Play Browser, it always show the instrument I last loaded which is from a totally different piece of music, not the one that is playing.The Cello still plays but I'm looking at a Bansuri on the interface.Is there anyway I can change this?
For instance in this piece which uses a cello,I don't remember which Cello it is and the browser is showing an instrument from Ra which I last used.
Does that make sense ?

Cheers
Justin
Old 02-10-2018, 01:10 AM

Mykndrdyd is on a distinguished road

Don't know if this will work but if you mute all tracks except the one you want to identify in Sonar, then go to the Play VST. On the Player (not Browser) page, it will list the loaded instruments that are being triggered. Click each one until you see the one that is receiving the midi input. Hope this makes sense and I'm assuming you are sending midi data to Play from a midi track within Sonar.

Good Luck.
Mike.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:04 AM

bluearrows is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mike
Old 02-14-2018, 07:03 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearrows View Post
I'm using East West inside Sonar X3. I opened a track I haven't worked on for a while and in this piece there's a cello track.When I open the output of this track to open the Play Browser, it always show the instrument I last loaded which is from a totally different piece of music, not the one that is playing.The Cello still plays but I'm looking at a Bansuri on the interface.Is there anyway I can change this?
For instance in this piece which uses a cello,I don't remember which Cello it is and the browser is showing an instrument from Ra which I last used.
Does that make sense ?

Cheers
Justin
The GUI shows the last instrument that you recently loaded up in any project, which may be very different from the instrument that is actually inserted on the track.

This can be a bit confusing, I'm not sure if there is a way to change the default behavior. I got used to it a while ago, and the new Play 6 interface makes browsing around a lot easier, so for me it's really a minor quirk.