Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > The Suggestion Box > PLAY - Suggestions
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 03:40 PM

KenNickels is on a distinguished road
Default Default volume on consonants in Choir

Is there a way to increase the DB level of the consonant samples, while at the same time decreasing the volume level in the GUI? So after the increase, the defualt level would be 75% instead of 100%.

Because I find that if anything needs to be boosted it's a consonant, global macros aside. But if it's at 100 in the GUI I can't boost it, there's no where to go. I can only cut the vowel levels relative to the consonants, and then raise the overall volume. This is tedious in the extreme and not workable.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:22 AM

miekwave is on a distinguished road

First lower the Chior Play instrument -12DB 2hat you have then append a Gain Plug in immediately after it, which should go +12 to +24 dB, this will give you the needed headroom you need for your consonants. Then on your project, if your DAW allows to save a VSTi state you can call up your Chior Multi patch, increase the volume of the consonant Elements by 6dB in the play mixer and lower the sustain by -6dB to -18dB and decay time to 30 to 80ms to taste per consonant articulation. Save your VSTi instance for easy recall on future projects that have your consonants layered. Optional 1.5:1 to 2.5:1 compression with 60ms attack and 5-10ms release before gain will help contour with the 't' 'ka' 'ch' sounds before the utility gain
Old 01-18-2016, 07:07 PM

KenNickels is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the suggestions! Some make sense, some do not. From what I can see there are no consonants in the mixer at all. For each multi I see only six vowel instruments on different MIDI tracks, labeled, for example,
"SOPR Util NONVIB P1-P6". Which leaves the time editor to make micro changes in the vowel/consonant/diphthong relations. And nowhere do I see a decay setting. Am I missing something?
Closed Thread