Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 04-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Peter, thanks for the reply. It sounds fantastic but that is a big disappointment that the phrases are not tempo synced. I know there are tricks to make them fit better but it would be so much simpler if they were locked to tempo.
Bryan, the phrases part of the collection is all ad lib, they are pitch synced, not time synced.

Each phase mapped to a note has 3 mod wheel position. Play from start, one pushed in to a further point and a third "ending" of the phrase.
The number of note's/phrases mapped, each with 3 position is as follows:

C - 20 (phrases)
C# - 19
D - 23
Eb - 23
E - 27
F - 26
F# - 24
G - 21
G# - 23
A - 9
Bb - 20
B - 19

There are 254 phrases in total, and they work incredibly well due to Uyanga's pitch perfect vocals and unique talent for the unexpected.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by admin; 04-18-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:04 PM

Janicek is on a distinguished road

You really need to start releasing walkthroughs before intro offers end. Every other developer does these but East West.

I have not bought anything for some 3-4 years now and after getting burned with Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds am very reluctant to buy anything without some kind of walkthrough.

For those of us not on Composer Cloud, we cannot afford to "take a punt" based on audio demos buried in other instrumentation and reverb and a trailer.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janicek View Post
You really need to start releasing walkthroughs before intro offers end. Every other developer does these but East West.

I have not bought anything for some 3-4 years now and after getting burned with Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds am very reluctant to buy anything without some kind of walkthrough.

For those of us not on Composer Cloud, we cannot afford to "take a punt" based on audio demos buried in other instrumentation and reverb and a trailer.
Well, you could take a one month subscription for CC at 50% discount for month one, if you like it, terminate CC and get Voices of the Empire. If you don't like it, don't. I like walkthroughs but don't put too much faith in them, my midi keyboard skills ain't at the level of Nick or most other users, I much rather play around with it myself and see if I can get something nice out of it. See mod's answer to another thread:

"VOTE is included in all of the ComposerCloud subscriptions. You could get the regular CC with a discount of 50% on the first month. http://www.soundsonline.com/composercloud"
Old 04-20-2018, 10:53 AM

Why should I spend $30 to take this chance on a $180 product?

Maybe if EW offered a one month trial subscription with the cost as a credit towards a purchase?

Every other developer these days either does a run through or gets reviews done to coincide with the release.

Things like the Legato, samples of the Phrases etc.

Listening to demos with complete compositions is misleading, its too layered and washed with reverb to tell what the product is like.

But I suppose us buyers that don't go the CC route are in the minority and we don't count for much these days?
Old 04-20-2018, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Why should I spend $30 to take this chance on a $180 product?
There will be a walkthrough video published today on the product page.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:17 PM

Excellent, thanks as I am VERY intrigued by this title and it might be my first EW purchase in 3-4 years...

Thats not to say I dont like East West but as I already own HWS, HWB, HWW, Ra, Silk, Gypsy, SD2, SD3, Pianos Gold, Symphonic Orchestra, Goliath, VoP, Symphonic Choirs... theres not much else to add (especially as I am covered with Orchestral Percussion and Choirs).
Old 04-20-2018, 04:19 PM

Can I ask about the Play 6 included? Is it tied to the machine with this title loaded or can you use it on more than one? I have two PC slaves loaded with EW stuff and it would be a bonus if I could upgrade the Play on that without shelling out more cash...
Old 04-20-2018, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Can I ask about the Play 6 included? Is it tied to the machine with this title loaded or can you use it on more than one? I have two PC slaves loaded with EW stuff and it would be a bonus if I could upgrade the Play on that without shelling out more cash...
Janicek, although Voices of the Empire is pretty easy to use, Nick made a quick walkthrough video just for you, it's live now.

Voices of the Empire (and Hollywood Choirs) require PLAY 6, and so it is included free with either purchase. All of your other titles will run on PLAY 5 (latest version is available in the SUPPORT CENTER (http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?...dates&article=) scroll down. So you could run the other titles on your slave with PLAY 5 and install PLAY 6 on your main PC, it will run all of your other titles and Voices of the Empire, and since you have so many EW collections I'm sure you will find the instrument search function in PLAY 6 valuable.

Enjoy!

Last edited by admin; 04-20-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:05 PM

So just to clarify, can you only run Play 6 (that comes with this) on one machine then? I was hoping if I bought this I could also use Play 6 on all my slaves too.

Or are you saying none of the other libraries work in PLay 6?
Old 04-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So just to clarify, can you only run Play 6 (that comes with this) on one machine then? I was hoping if I bought this I could also use Play 6 on all my slaves too.

Or are you saying none of the other libraries work in PLay 6?
Yes, it's one copy per machine, but you don't need it for the other collections, only Hollywood Choirs and Voices of the Empire, so only they need to be on the same machine as PLAY 6. To answer your other question PLAY 6 is compatible with all PLAY collections.