Diamond Member

A.Leung is on a distinguished road

Mac and PC - the only way to fly.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Silver Member

Djoule is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_B View Post
I'll just say your coolness speaks for itself....
As for the uh, vague comparisons you just listed I'll leave you two; (your arrogance/swagger) to yourself!
Apparently you are a "bench racer" -you look at just the specs...

and not the components/system burn in/time consumption involved that make a VisionDAW PC
just as stable (if not EVEN MORE SO STABLE) than a MAC.

Just so we are clear I never said a PC is better, even though to me, it is (based on cost)
If you'd like to paypal me the residual $700 and sum odd dollars, I'll take that in euros as well...thanks.

If you had read the thread (which you DID NOT)
....you would have read that Mac Pro Quad Core and Dual Quads have issues with Cubase 5 64bit.

While NOT all users have reported this:
A Window's PC just RUNS BETTER than a Mac Pro equivalent.

I'd respect your position, if you weren't such a pretentious french egotist...
who is hell bent on trying (but failing) to make such an asinine position/declarations/assumptions you just read off the internet via google, an arugment with any sort of validity lol

Windows is crap. K.
It's too bad you can't back that up with FACT, something you claim to base your useless assertions on.

I can refute that baseless ASS-U-mption with fact.
Can you? Nein.

Cool guys use Macs......K.
(FYI) Cool people don't need to proclaim their, uh, coolness
Being so cool (as you undoubtedly are) I thought you'd know that? Oh well.

You're just too cool, I guess

Boring old-fashioned buys use PC's?

(Where do you come up with this crap?)
Pretentious...check.
Astoundingly arrogant....check

Tact?
Humility?

M.I.A.
hum, I think you haven't noticed that all my post was irony, not pretentious or arrogance. I was only referring to mac ads where you see the young cool guy using mac because it's easier, more stable, etc... and the older old-fashioned guy with glasses using a pc.
on lots of forums (not here) I see guys stating that a mac is better, a mac is the easiest way, etc....
what I just wanted to point out is that it is only perception and that windows works well too, as says Allan, mac & pc is the way to go.

It's not arrogance it was just humour, I apologize if it was maybe too "subtle" but I have never said that a mac is better than a pc nor that a pc is better than a mac, and I have personally no preference between both systems. That was just an irony on the fact that lots of mac users (and you can notice that everywhere on the net) try to convince people that windows is crap, Os X is more stable, mac is cool, etc...

I think you totally misunderstood my post, and by the way, I did read the whole thread before posting.

PS : and yes, french are dirty, arrogant, pretentious, they all drink coffee and eat frog legs, they all smoke, and they wear berets, etc...
but some of these people you don't seem to like have also a sense of humour.... yes we can

Last edited by Djoule; 01-15-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Diamond Member

interpolate is on a distinguished road

The only thing I have against Apple is their pricing scheme and this goes for everything they do. Which is why I feel like I am being patronised everytime an Apple advert is on the TV. I was actually considering getting an iPod alas went for a Creative Zen XiFi 2 Player, it's surprisingly quite good for the money I paid.

Update coming over the next few months:

Obligatory software list: Sonar X4 Platinum, EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold, EWQL Symphonic Choir Bundle, QL Spaces, VSL Suite, EWQL Hollywood Brass/Strings Gold, QL Solo Violin, Universal Audio Plug-ins and some other things with knobs and buttons.

Current system: AMD Phenom X6 1090T 3.2GHz, 8GB, 512GB/750GB hard drives and 256GB SSD drive, EMU 1212M, UAD DSP.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Silver Member

Xplora is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpolate View Post
The only thing I have against Apple is their pricing scheme and this goes for everything they do. Which is why I feel like I am being patronised everytime an Apple advert is on the TV.
Amen brother!!!

I don't care how good Apples are, their users form a strange perverse cult that I will not get involved in. They will claim that Mac is superior with no way of actually backing it up (because all the serious benchmark nerds use PCs), and will gladly hand over 20-30% more for their computer than an equivalent PC running Windows.

I've only bought Windows once in my life (i'm almost 30) and it has served me well enough. I'll look at Win7 64 bit once they have 6-8 core CPUs. A Mac might already have that, but you have to be an idiot to buy a top flight computer unless you are able to recoup the costs. Some people here can.

On topic. You have 6 grand to spend on a PC? Spend 4, and upgrade in 12 months time. You'll chase your tail forever and it hurts less to waste 4K than 6!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Diamond Member

If I had $6K to spend on a PC or Mac, I would buy a monster server or 2 high-end PC's. One for musicianship and the other for gaming and general ramblings.

Obligatory software list: Sonar X4 Platinum, EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold, EWQL Symphonic Choir Bundle, QL Spaces, VSL Suite, EWQL Hollywood Brass/Strings Gold, QL Solo Violin, Universal Audio Plug-ins and some other things with knobs and buttons.

Current system: AMD Phenom X6 1090T 3.2GHz, 8GB, 512GB/750GB hard drives and 256GB SSD drive, EMU 1212M, UAD DSP.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Diamond Member

Then again, I don't constantly upgrade now. I was considering a SSD as a boot/OS drive though sometime in the future.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Platinum˛ Member

persentio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpolate View Post
Then again, I don't constantly upgrade now. I was considering a SSD as a boot/OS drive though sometime in the future.
Intel's X25-V is going for a pretty affordable ~$130USD on Newegg. Consider no longer; make the jump! I've recently had to RMA my Intel SSD (For some odd reason developed bad sector(s)) and now using a Clone of my OS on a regular HDD is just TORTURE!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 AM
Diamond Member

See that's it. Your boot drive goes and your whole system gets screwed. Can SSD operate over RAID mode or is ACHI your only option?

Anyway I was thinking about a Crucial or OCZ SSD. Knowing that they are trustworthy enough.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Platinum˛ Member

persentio is on a distinguished road

I meant... Torture in that my bootups are slow and so is the loading of all my applications and stuff. Too pampered by the SSD..

They do work in RAID as far as I know as well as AHCI.. Although I'm still sticking to IDE.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Platinum˛ Member

aptmusic9 is on a distinguished road

in a few years we will all be running SSDs in RAID and booting in 8 seconds.... o.0
Closed Thread