Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 08-16-2018, 07:58 AM
Silver Member

DonaldM is on a distinguished road

Well I must say I am majorly impressed with Spaces II. I used Spaces I a lot, but with the new features of II, it will be my go to reverb for most things.

There's just something silky smooth in the way Spaces II sounds compared to other IR reverbs out there such as Waves IR or Liquidsonics. They're both great reverbs, but I can't get that silky smooth quality as easily as I can with Spaces II.

The only spaces missing are Track 93/4 at Kings Cross Station in London, and the Great Hall at Hogwarts. Othewise, nice job all round EWQL!!
Old 08-16-2018, 08:11 AM
Silver Member

LHall is on a distinguished road
Default Spaces II causing latency?

Is anyone else having latency problems with Spaces II? I love the sounds of course, but I just tried inserting Spaces II on my drum channel and it's causing a really bad latency problem.

Anyone else? Am I doing something wrong?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Silver Member

DonaldM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHall View Post
Is anyone else having latency problems with Spaces II? I love the sounds of course, but I just tried inserting Spaces II on my drum channel and it's causing a really bad latency problem.

Anyone else? Am I doing something wrong?
I just used it on a huge percussion track and had no issues whatsoever. Without knowing more about your setup its difficult to know what might be causing the issue.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:43 AM
Silver Member

Mac OS 10.13.6
12 core Intel, 1T SSD, 24 GB Ram
Running latest version of Logic. Opened an instance of Superior 3 Drums (although EXS24 drums did the same thing). Opened an instance of Spaces II on the channel strip as an effect. Initially used the Big Drum Room 2.1 and it caused about a 32nd note of latency (at 146 bpm).

Were you using it as an insert rather than a send/bus situation?
Old 08-16-2018, 10:40 AM

Rhys Moody has disabled reputation

If you are using Spaces as an insert effect please make sure that the check box in settings
is unchecked (Use as a send effect by default) If it is set as a send return the dry control in Spaces will be at zero and the whole instrument and effect will be delayed by the amount of predelay. Can you please email your session file to rhys@eastwestsounds.com so we can take a look and go over your settings.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member

oleJoergensen is on a distinguished road

At the moment I dont use Spaces 2 but you problem may be related to something with Logic 10.4.1 on OSX 10.13.6.
I updated from 10.13.2 to 10.13.6 and a massive template that worked well with a buffer size 256 gave massive cpu overload in Logic with buffer size 1024 even that OSX’s activity monitor only showed 25% on 3 threads (Mac pro 3,7 ghz 4 core (8 threads). This morning I reverted to 10.13.2 and my template works smothed again.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Silver Member

Yea! The good folks at EW just confirmed the bug after I sent them a Logic session that demonstrated what I was talking about. Michael said they're working on a fix! Beautiful!
Old 08-23-2018, 11:19 PM

tschernuth is on a distinguished road

I'm also encountering latency problems with Spaces II unfortunately.
When I load up an EW piano I can set my buffer size to 64 or 32 ms in Logic Pro 10.3.2 and everything feels fine when I play. If I add Spaces II as en effect the latency is noticeably higher (feels more like a buffer size of 512ms) and playing gets difficult.

Low latency mode doesn't help, the sends checkbox in Spaces II is unchecked, and I made my tests with wet at 0 and no pre-delay, not to confuse reverb with latency

If I use a different convolution reverb - like Space Designer, Waves IR-1 or H-Reverb everything works fine at low latency.

Thanks for helping out!
Old 09-14-2018, 09:32 AM

QuestionGuy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to QuestionGuy

I have a very nasty problem with Spaces II. Every time I load up a certain project in Logic X which has a Spaces II instance, Logic crash.

I have found a workaround. I have to load a empty project and load Spaces II into a channel. Once Spaces II and then I can load my projects with active Spaces II instaces until I restart Logic again.

I don't occur in every project. I don't know if its a bug or some problem with the project. Anyone else spotted something like this?

info@tristanblaskowitz.com
www.tristanblaskowitz.com

Facebook
Twitter
Soundcloud
YouTube
Vimeo
Old 09-14-2018, 10:21 AM

reberclark is on a distinguished road

No problems at all with Spaces // here. Windows 10 64bit.

Polywell-built PC with Intel Core i7x980 at 3.33GHz 64bit -Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Diamond, Hollywood Harp Diamond, Ra, The Dark Side, StormDrum2, Ministry of Rock, QL Spaces & EW Spaces II