Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 06-22-2017, 07:12 AM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Edierobin, if you're already scoring to picture in PT11, I doubt there are any compelling reasons for you to switch to Cubase....you are already saving a step by having a PT session ready to send out. The only "big" reason I can think of is VEPro, which has an advantage in Cubase due to its VST3 capabilities (more routing options, etc). And unless you own PT, you have that annoying subscription fee every month.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:49 AM

jggiano is on a distinguished road

I've been a long-time user of Presonus StudioOne (3) since I purchased my first Audio Interface. It's not "perfect"--but I doubt any other DAW's are, either. I experimented wit Sonar, as the free version came with a MIDI controller., but I was too used to StudioOne to consider switching. Good luck with your final decision.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Silver Member

Raden Agung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspencer View Post
Edierobin, if you're already scoring to picture in PT11, I doubt there are any compelling reasons for you to switch to Cubase....you are already saving a step by having a PT session ready to send out. The only "big" reason I can think of is VEPro, which has an advantage in Cubase due to its VST3 capabilities (more routing options, etc). And unless you own PT, you have that annoying subscription fee every month.
I use PT 11 and Sibelius. love to work with it for MIDI and live recording also for scoring movie. I think PT 11 doesn't have subscription, it does with new one PT 12 but in PT 12 you can also have it with perpetual license if you want to have it forever without monthly fee, EW also doing this after Avid with Composer Cloud. I don't think so its annoying, it help new composer with small budget.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:45 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Reaper here ... very flexible, and there is now a fancy Orchestral Template for Reaper that someone put together. I also have PT 10 / 11, but use that for audio and as a delivery medium, and Sibelius 8, for notation (scores and parts).