Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Żou're very welcome.

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, On Harddrives, On DAWs
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.40, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii

Last edited by LMW; 07-25-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:51 PM

ai6276 is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to download ewql gold and the registration asks me for this for my ilok on the eastwest registration page

LICENSE CODE: _______________ (SUPPLY THE LICENSE FOR YOUR PRODUCT HERE)

according to the ilok support center eastwest can provide this??????

I cant download anything from the east west website without it
Old 02-18-2018, 07:07 AM

the activation icon in my ilok license manager asks for and activation code to redeem my license code which I don't have.....where do I go about finding mine?

this is what it says on the ilok support center site.....

An Activation Code is a special code used to deliver an iLok license to your iLok account. You may have received this code from a software publisher via an email, in a retail package, or in a print ad. The code can be redeemed for your license in iLok License Manager by clicking on the 'Redeem an Activation Code' icon.
If you cannot find your Activation Code, please contact the software publisher for assistance. They are the only ones who can replace the code for you.
An Activation Code is not the same thing as your software registration code or number. The iLok License Manager application does not handle the registration of your software, this is done through the software publisher directly. We do not collect or store software registration information.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Licenses are deposited directly to your iLok ID.
You can activate them via the iLok License Manager.
ilok.com/#!license-manager

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, On Harddrives, On DAWs
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Old 02-21-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMW View Post
Licenses are deposited directly to your iLok ID.
You can activate them via the iLok License Manager.
ilok.com/#!license-manager

ok that is understood......when i click on the redeem license code icon in the ilok manager it asks me for an activation code to redeem the license.....i do not have an activation code......how do i get that?????
Old 02-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Open the iLok License Manager, click on the "Available" tab at the top.
You should now see your license. Right- / control-click and then "Activate".
Your license will now activate to a location of your choice. Select and confirm.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:17 PM

PaulieDC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6276 View Post
another quick question(s)....

once i have everything installed can i use the headphone jack on the computer to hear the software samples through my head phones?
If you do then your DAW has to use Windows Audio with the ASIO driver, stressing the CPU and giving you less bandwidth. If you opt for a separate audio interface, that unit handles all the audio, provides clean 24-bit 96kHz (or lower of course) audio, and you would plug your cans in there. The USB units out there are bus powered which is great. I use the PreSonus AudioBox iOne for my mobile rig (i7 laptop). For the same price and specs there's also the FocusRite Scarlett Solo, same price, $99. The one advantage with the PreSonus is it natively works with iPads also, should you decide to run Notion on one of those. But if not, moot point. You also get Studio One Artist bundled which is one step away from Pro. Both versions integrate with Notion where you can travel back and forth from Notion score to StudioOne MIDI editor. Then send it out for export to your main DAW.
FWIW: Home Studio (for the moment): Hollywood Diamond Everything | Pianos, Symphonic Orchestra and Choirs Platinum | Komplete 11 Ultimate (plus Symphony Series) | PreSonus DAW & Hardware: Studio One Pro | Studio 192 into Eris E5s & T10 sub | PreSonus FaderPort | M-Audio CODE 49 | Two analog gems: AKG C414 XLS / Taylor 618e v2.
"For He spake, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast." Ps. 33:9
Closed Thread