Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 04-23-2017, 12:45 PM

barry@pmwebs.com is on a distinguished road
Default which?

Hi gang,
As a Composer Cloud subscriber, I'm less than a week old. Can someone point me to an online resource that will describe which versions of similarly-named libraries I should download? For example, does Ministry of Rock 2 replace Ministry of Rock 1, or each has tasty bits not included in the other? Thanks for your advice, and for your patience.
Barry
Old 04-23-2017, 09:20 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

MOR 1 and 2 are completely different.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member

Dominik Raab is on a distinguished road

Browsing Soundsonline.com - not the forums, the store page - and reading the individual product pages and their descriptions should be sufficient. I don't know of any resource that "compares" all of the CC instruments in terms of shared content.

Frequently asked questions / confused products / comparison problems (no guarantees, but should be right):
  • As Admin mentioned, MoR 1 and MoR 2 are completely different. MoR 2 contains remastered content from earlier electric bass libraries, but not MoR 1.
  • Symphonic Orchestra and Hollywood Orchestra are completely different. SO has a few articulations and instruments the newer HO does not have and is worth exploring. My personal favourites of stuff included in SO but not HO: The Wagner tubas, some strings articulations like Pendereki (or whatever way that's spelt) and the included Piano. I love it for sketching, since it requires less resources than the full-blown QL Pianos product.
  • You didn't specify what version of CC you have. If it's Plus, do keep in mind that the Hollywood Orchestra is more resource heavy in its Diamond version. This is not a comparison fact, but I feel the need to mention it.
  • The Expansion for StormDrum 2 includes a "Best of StormDrum 1" folder. That's the overlap, all other SD2 content is completely new. Off the top of my head, I can't remember if SD3 is all new content, but I do believe it is.
  • Goliath is kind of a best-of library. It has tons of new stuff, but I believe that some of the instruments are from other libraries. They are at the very least the same kinds of instruments, even if they're not the actual recordings/samples used in other products.
  • If I remember correctly, Silk and Ra have some overlap, not necessarily in sample content, but the same instruments. The overlap is minimal, though.

And that's about it. Hope that helps!