Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 05-04-2017, 02:50 PM

Tyrion101 is on a distinguished road
Default Faster the playing speed, the quieter it gets?

I really like EWQLSO, however my one real gripe with it is the fact that when you have solo instruments, like a solo violin, if you have it play say a trill, or a 16th note, you can barely hear it, is there a way of fixing this? Real musicians can play fast notes without making them virtually silent. (This is in Sibelius)
Old 05-05-2017, 03:26 PM

Fealow is on a distinguished road

I'd say it's entirely dependent on the articulation that you're using for the 16th notes. I generally don't think the legato slur/portamento patches are that great for fast phrases, you may have better luck with a marcato legato patch just for those 16th notes.

Another thing to try is that you're velocity might be too low if you're using a legato patch which would cause the notes to not have enough time to play anything beyond the attack portion because the transition samples are too slow. Increasing the velocity to max on those notes will tell the legato script to ply the fastest possible transitions.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member

trumpoz is on a distinguished road

It depends on the patch - if you are using a legato patch in SO then the attack of the sample is actually attenuated to simulate legato. I do t use SO in Sibelius so I cant comment on which patch is used