Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 02:29 PM

bluzz44 is on a distinguished road
Default Considering buying but have a few questions

Hi folks,

I am typically a Native Instruments / Kontakt user but I found their products limited when it comes to classical/epic orchestral music so I am considering other options and obviously EW comes first, but I have a few questions:

For Hollywood Strings Diamond Edition what does "Full License (Sound data not included)" actually mean? That I pay $299 just to get a license number?

Do you only supply your products via actual hard drives (for Diamond Edition) because there's nearly 1TB of files and sounds for every "Diamond" Product?

If I choose to subscribe to the ComposerCloud Plus platform, does that mean I need a storage space of 1TB available for every product I am going to use via the cloud platform ?

Thanks!

Last edited by admin; 05-07-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzz44 View Post
Hi folks,

I am typically a Native Instruments / Kontakt user but I found their products limited when it comes to classical/epic orchestral music so I am considering other options and obviously EW comes first, but I have a few questions :

For Hollywood Strings Diamond Edition what does" Full License (Sound data not included)" actually mean? That I pay $299 just to get a license number?
You purchase a "license" only if you already have the sound data, which you would have if you purchased the "CCC PRO Sound Data Hard Drive" before purchasing the license.

Quote:
Do you only supply your products via actual hard drives (for Diamond Edition) because there's nearly 1TB of files and sounds for every "Diamond" Product?
Yes, because there is too much data to download.

Quote:
If I choose to subscribe to the ComposerCloud Plus platform, does that mean I need a storage space of 1TB available for every product I am going to use via the cloud platform?
CC Plus subscription gives you a "license" to use all products listed, but you need the "CCC PRO Sound Data Hard Drive" as well. That purchase will be added to the cart on checkout. Only CC and CCX can be downloaded and do not require a hard drive (though this available as an option also - CCC Gold Sound Data Hard Drive).

Hope that helps.

Last edited by admin; 05-07-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
license, new ccc2 install, purchase