Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > The Suggestion Box > INSTRUMENTS - Suggestions
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Gold Member

lejmer is on a distinguished road

To me it seems like a very big mistake to not include the harp in the Hollywood series. However, recording a harp outside of the Hollywood series is fine with me, as long as it has great glissandi capabilities, is recorded in the same room, and has most of the same microphone positions, just like they did with SD3.
My name is Anthony (birthname Anton) Berlin, and I am a professional composer living in Sweden. I'm not going to bore you with which sample libraries I own, but I'd love to have a chat with you, about everything between heaven and earth. Take care!

www.anthonyberlin.com
SoundCloud
Old 10-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member

flickerflix is on a distinguished road

I thought they also said a solo cello was coming?
Old 10-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

C4L88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickerflix View Post
I thought they also said a solo cello was coming?
Can't remember the thread that I last saw news on it from, but if memory serves me right it is still coming but is still a ways away; maybe sometime next year...maybe
-All Samples on External 4TB OWC Thunderybay 4
-Logic Pro X (10.3), OS X 10.11. (El Capitan)

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/conrad-robertson

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music." -Gustav Mahler
Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Platinum˛ Member

pkm is on a distinguished road

I doubt it will still be with Tina Guo. She just released a library with a different company. EW wouldn't make a statement either way.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:52 AM

feelingfaceform is on a distinguished road

Also surprised that there is no harp after purchasing all the hollywood series instruments
Cubase Pro 8
http://crystalhorizon.at
Old 01-12-2015, 05:38 AM
Silver Member

Fleer is on a distinguished road

And then there was a harp, or almost (http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/s...5&postcount=10)
Hollywood Orchestra Diamond, Hollywood Solo Violin Diamond, Hollywood Solo Cello Diamond, Hollywood Strings Gold, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Choirs, VOTA, Pianos Platinum, Fab Four, Ghostwriter, Gypsy, Silk, Voices of Passion, Spaces
Old 04-16-2015, 12:21 PM

nick1981 is on a distinguished road

I was thinking that a Harp addition is needed. I entered the suggestion box arena to see this thread has already started. So, I clearly agree that Harp is needed. I also like the idea of a Hollywood Solo Strings package: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass and Harp.

But depending on how elaborate Harp would be, it could possibly stand as its own sample library.
PC SLAVE: ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX Intel Motherboard; Intel Core i7-4730K 3.2GHz Six-Core Desktop Processor; CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB Ram (8 x 8GB); Corsair Obsidian Series 900D CC-9011022--WW Black Computer Case; Steinberg UR22

SAMPLE LIBRARIES: Hollywood Diamond libraries of Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion, Symphonic Orchestra, Pianos Platinum, Symphonic Choirs, RA
Old 04-20-2015, 06:51 AM
Gold Member

lejmer is on a distinguished road

Nick1981, IIRC, EW said that they will do a Hollywood Harp that is free to download for everyone who has the Hollywood orchestra (or at least one section of it), and that they plan to redo the solo strings to fit better with the Hollywood Orchestra (with 5 microphones, and better programmed) because they weren't happy with how the solo violin turned out. Don't quote me on this but I believe this is what he said.
My name is Anthony (birthname Anton) Berlin, and I am a professional composer living in Sweden. I'm not going to bore you with which sample libraries I own, but I'd love to have a chat with you, about everything between heaven and earth. Take care!

www.anthonyberlin.com
SoundCloud
Old 04-20-2015, 07:02 AM

feelingfaceform is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejmer View Post
Nick1981, IIRC, EW said that they will do a Hollywood Harp that is free to download for everyone who has the Hollywood orchestra (or at least one section of it), and that they plan to redo the solo strings to fit better with the Hollywood Orchestra (with 5 microphones, and better programmed) because they weren't happy with how the solo violin turned out. Don't quote me on this but I believe this is what he said.
thanx for the update, sounds good
Cubase Pro 8
http://crystalhorizon.at
Old 04-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Here is the corresponding thread: What's next?

Aside from the upcoming harp, there is one in Symphonic Orchestra.

Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.30, PLAY v4.X.X, EastWest et alii
Closed Thread