Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware

Old 04-27-2018, 11:53 AM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

So is the MG10XU an actual interface as well as a USB mixer? If so, how is the latency with handling VI's such as Hollywood Orchestra?
Old 04-28-2018, 11:47 AM
Gold Member

Morten Gjermundsen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Morten Gjermundsen

I haven't installed the full Hollywood Orchestra, only parts of it, so im not really sure. I do use most of the other libraries from East West though and have lots of libraries from other companies as well, and the latency is fine.
But the latency also depends on the buffer size, and that again depends on the size of the project and how powerful the computer running the project is.

The main reason i bought it was because i got tired of plugging different instruments and microphones in and out of my other interface.
With this i can have 4 mics connected at once plus my synth and guitar rack unit..

It's a 10 channel mixer, but you don't get 10 separate inputs channels showing up on your computer. So if you record a live band with vocals, synth, bass and guitars it would all end up on the same stereo file..
But for recording one instrument at the time, it works well.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:44 PM

ComposerRyan is on a distinguished road

I still may check out the MG10XU in the future, sounds like something that will come in handy. I've heard good things about it for live streaming, etc and podcasting plus it just looks cool so that's enough of an excuse to get it I guess.

By the way, have you guys ever had a problem with Hollywood Strings or other samples where they stop working once you hit the "record" button? I am using Cakewalk Sonar X1 and when I go to record, the hollywood strings samples no longer play. I then have to go into PLAY and reload the samples in order to hear them when playing live on my keyboard. Not sure why this is happening.

PC and Software: Complete Composers Collection 2, Windows 7 64 BIT, i7 Processor, 16 GB Ram, Samsung SSD, Cakewalk Sonar X1