Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware

Old 08-15-2017, 04:24 AM

eastwest7 is on a distinguished road
Default Komplete Kontrol w/EastWest? What keyboard do you like?

Hi just wondering if anyone uses NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard with East west and what they think of the mod section? Do you like it? Any issues with using it with east west?

Any other keyboards you recommend, if so, why do you like your keyboard controller for use with the east west sample libraries?
Old 08-15-2017, 01:32 PM

PaulieDC is on a distinguished road

I have the S49 and so far I've had no problems adjusting to the "virtual" sliders. It's a little weird at first with no real wheel but I committed to it and "getting used to it" has been pretty easy. I think for expressive orchestration it works really WELL when you want to mod a swell gently with a french horn. But if I were trying to crank out a Chick Corea solo on a synth patch I'd probably want the feel of the physical wheel. Just my take on it, anyway. I so love the keybed on the Kontrol series it was worth getting used to, IMO.
My Amateur Home Studio: NI K.Kontrol S49 | Studio One Pro | EW Hollywood Diamond Everything | Komplete Ultimate 11 plus Symphony Series Strings & Brass | PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile pushing pair of Eris E5s & T10 sub | PreSonus FaderPort | Two analog gems: AKG C414 XLS Mic and a Taylor 618e v2. Oh, PC: Home built 6-core i7-4930K | 64GB | GTX1080 | 32TB total drive space w/backup drives. Win 10 & EWHO & Komplete 11 all on separate SATA SSDs, soon to upgrade to NVMe SSDs.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

The next version of PLAY has full support for the NI keyboards.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:22 AM

PaulieDC is on a distinguished road

woohoo! I'll take it!
My Amateur Home Studio: NI K.Kontrol S49 | Studio One Pro | EW Hollywood Diamond Everything | Komplete Ultimate 11 plus Symphony Series Strings & Brass | PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile pushing pair of Eris E5s & T10 sub | PreSonus FaderPort | Two analog gems: AKG C414 XLS Mic and a Taylor 618e v2. Oh, PC: Home built 6-core i7-4930K | 64GB | GTX1080 | 32TB total drive space w/backup drives. Win 10 & EWHO & Komplete 11 all on separate SATA SSDs, soon to upgrade to NVMe SSDs.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:07 PM

eastwest7 is on a distinguished road

Cool, thx on all of this, just was worried the virtual sliders would not respond right for orchestral sample libraries, but sounds like they do not have a problem-they just 'feel' different to use. And with full NI keyboard support/a nice feeling keybed sounds like a good fit.