Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Introduce Yourself

Old 12-23-2019, 01:07 PM

bashley is on a distinguished road
Default New Guy from Prince Edward Island, Canada

Here I am posting my introduction and I haven't even made my intended purchase yet--Hollywood Orchestra, Gold. Will happen Xmas Eve/Day or Boxing Day. Great sale price. Thanks EastWest.

A 67-year-old geezer, I'm just about to retire from my job as City Manager for the City of Summerside, PEI, Canada. So, I'm gathering paraphenalia in preparation for time to spend on music theory, orchestration, composition, and deciphering all this electronic tech jargon--Reaper, halfway through that manual, Arturia Keylab61 MIDI keyboard, and now virtual instruments.

Nearly 60 years of studying, then abandoning, then readopting the classical guitar, life in music strolled along a simple path. But now, the wonder of 7-year old first discovering musical study has been rekindled by the old man, energized, seeing new, unbounded artistic limits.

Other hobbies include repair/rebuilding vintage bicycles, stringing tennis/badminton racquets for folks in the community, playing tennis, reading arcane philosophers, poets, literary critics, and now, tech manuals.

Certainly no shortage of high marks in reviews I've read about EastWest products. Looking forward to diving deep into Hollywood Orchestra. And one of the best things that puts HO into first-class seating, unlike the classical guitar, is avoiding the chronic drudgery of changing dead guitar strings!

Prince Edward Island. A great place to visit, a better place to live.

bob
Old 12-24-2019, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Hey Bob,

welcome to the forum and the world of virtual instruments!

Indeed, it's quite a lot to get your head around, but isn't that half of the fun?
Let us know if you have any questions and I'm looking forward to your music.

Happy holidays.

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, My Template, Tips and Tricks, OS & DAWs
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung 1x T1 & 2x T5 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 7.5-10, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii