Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware

Old 07-17-2017, 08:16 AM

bobsstudio is on a distinguished road
Default My Muse Receptors...Junk?

Hi Guys, this is really a follow-on from my SS drive thread.

Anyway I have just received my new PC from ADK pro. And I am in the process of setting up and installing software.

Question is what do I do with my 5....yes 5 Receptor V1's?

Now that Muse is no longer in business and the fact that these are 10 years old, I'm thinking that these are probably junk. I'm not even sure that I could sell them on ebay.

Ideas anyone? Not too many funnies please!

Best

BobG

PS will be changing my gear info soon.
PC 2.6Ghz Windows XP Pro 32 bit 3 Gig Ram. 5 X Receptors v1 10 Gig Ram. 2XFireFace 400. Tanoy 8D's. EWQLSO,SC'c,RA,SD2,VOP,MOR,Ivory,Pro Audio Bluthner,Spectrasonics,Halion,Nine Volt Audio,GPO,Big Band,Strad,Halion,Kontakt,Hollywood Winds etc. DAW feeling a little dated!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Silver Member

JBlongz is on a distinguished road

If they still work and have good sounds, use them once in a while.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:58 PM

efiebke is on a distinguished road

I have one of the originally manufactured Muse Receptors that is still in use. It continues to house the original VIs that came with it, and continues to house the original Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO) and JABB . . . before Garritan decided to go the "Aria" engine route. (In other words, these versions of GPO and JABB are ran by the earlier version of Kontakt.) I use it each Sunday when I play the "organ" and "piano" (virtually, of course) for my church. It starts up slow and and shuts off slow, but it still works. And, it sounds just fine. . .

Logic Pro X, DP 9, VEPro 6, MIR Pro, E/W Hollywood Orchestra Diamond (Complete), Symphonic Orchestra (Platinum Plus), EW ComposerCloud, & many more VIs.