Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Introduce Yourself
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 08:27 PM

cmskoogie is on a distinguished road
Default hello there! christopher skoog, aspiring composer!

hi! i am 19 years old and a freshman at the university of Texas at Austin! i eventually want to move to LA when i am done getting my music composition degree from here. i have played piano for a number of year and that led me to composing my own pieces. i always wanted to do something and play something different because all the modern piano music started sounding the same ( and i was never into so many classical pieces) so I've been composing piano pieces for a few years and recently got into composing music for orchestras and i love it! i do not know anything about mastering and editing the music though and hope to learn a lot here(and over the internet). i have been reading tons of forums and feel honored to be able to ask so many talented and professional people and receive good and structured responses. i look forward to being part of such a community.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Welcome!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

MPDmike is on a distinguished road

Wow a good friend of mine lives in Austin. I hear that the heat in summer is somewhat distracting.

There is no advice that anybody can give you - trust me. That is the first thing to learn. In creative topics it is all about WHO YOU ARE. Develop your own style, don't be scared to try out what really makes you buzz. Beethoven was great because he didn't give a sh*t about what the other guys thought.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:22 PM

cmskoogie is on a distinguished road

thank you both! and ya, the heat down here gets a little bit much sometimes. you just get used to it. Thats the hard part though is developing my own style. i understand now a days people want something that will grab their attention and is different, i just hope i can figure out what that is haha.
Closed Thread