Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 01-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriann2 View Post
This is more pompous than I'd have expected from someone with JBL LSR308 monitors. I understand much more than you think I do.

Not sure what that has to do with ones professionalism; I use Rockit KRK's....does that make me an amateur?

Anyways, anyone who has done a lot of film work knows that the editors are going to pan/mix your stems their own way so it's kind of a moot point unless you are providing the final mixes (which rarely happens).
Old 01-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Silver Member

Auralaxiom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspencer View Post
Not sure what that has to do with ones professionalism; I use Rockit KRK's....does that make me an amateur?

Anyways, anyone who has done a lot of film work knows that the editors are going to pan/mix your stems their own way so it's kind of a moot point unless you are providing the final mixes (which rarely happens).
Having a good room + knowing your monitors (and having a decent ear for music) is >>>> than having 10k monitors. Of course, having all four elements is nice too

That said, eventually I'd like to shop around for some nicer speakers but it's pretty far down the list. I've been really happy with the JBL's.

Libraries: All East West libraries, and many more...

http://www.ryanthomasproductions.com

https://soundcloud.com/ryanthomasproductions
Old 01-09-2017, 08:38 PM

adriann2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspencer View Post

lol, Jeremy, no. I got annoyed being told I clearly didn't understand something so I just found a rock and threw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriann2 View Post
The average listener wouldn't know proper placement from an aircraft carrier, Ryan.
Well, that I disagree with.
Cheers.
Well I wasn't being literal just more nonsense to make a point... terrible attempt at humour. Sorry. Ryan, all is good. Even your JBLs. I finally scraped some cash together and bought the KRK 10-3's. I can't afford to eat now but at least I can hear everything (good and bad).
Cubase 8.5 running on Windows 10, Focusrite2i4, Focusrite 4i4, VSL, Ensemble Pro, EW Diamond Strings, LASS, Cinematic Strings, Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D. Yamaha Disklavier Baby Grand. https://www.facebook.com/groups/cubaseacademy/
Old 01-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Silver Member

steerpike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auralaxiom View Post
As for my monitors, they do the job I need them to. Quite good for the money actually, and I'd rather spend my $$ on things I really need, like more libraries
Not to derail the thread into "what monitors are great or not", but I use these too, and like Auralaxiom, I do this for a living.

(*I also think the baloney about how much better $3k monitors are than $500 monitors is a game of inches, which I'd rather not spend my time on*)

More on topic: The design of HO is to mimic a traditional orchestra. Its a fundamental design choice. If you don't like that, this isn't the product for you. I suspect that its less of an issue than you think it is.

In any case, I will slowly back away now and hope that the thread isn't *too* derailed. But I just had to put in a good word for the LSR308's.