Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > The Suggestion Box > INSTRUMENTS - Suggestions
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Silver Member

pmjbaumann is on a distinguished road

How long does it usually take for something to be in post production to being released?
Software: Logic Pro X, VEPro Server.
Libraries: HO Gold, Pianos, Silk, Goliath, SD2 Pro, Solo Violin, Symphonic Choirs Gold, Voices of Passion, Spaces.
www.peterbaumann.co.uk
Old 08-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Platinum˛ Member

pkm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjbaumann View Post
How long does it usually take for something to be in post production to being released?

1-5 years
Old 08-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Silver Member

is that a joke...?
Libraries: HO Gold, Pianos, Silk, Goliath, SD2 Pro, Solo Violin, Symphonic Choirs Gold, Voices of Passion, Spaces.
www.peterbaumann.co.uk
Old 08-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Gold Member

-Lawson- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjbaumann View Post
is that a joke...?
No, that's pretty legit. It takes a lot longer than one might think.

Digital Performer 8 + Logic Pro 9
All libraries on SSDs
EWQL products:
Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Brass/Orchestral Woodwinds Gold, Pianos Gold, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Stormdrum 2 Pro, Ra, Spaces

www.lawsonmadlener.com
Old 08-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lawson- View Post
No, that's pretty legit. It takes a lot longer than one might think.
Fair enough. Assumed it was just ironing out issues at post production and it'd be a much quicker process. Oh well. Will be good when it arrives I hope!
www.peterbaumann.co.uk
Old 10-16-2015, 02:26 PM

yiminpang is on a distinguished road

Is there any update on hollywood harp?
Old 10-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Silver Member

yep - november apparently! http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/s...ad.php?t=51994
www.peterbaumann.co.uk
Old 11-10-2015, 12:42 PM

dix is on a distinguished road

It's out now and quite nice sounding! I was hoping for more glissando samples (EWQL has way more. HH has nice new scales, but very limited rates/speeds. No slow gliss options for example, which are hard to program), but the detail on the articulations will be great for solo harp mockups.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:51 PM

virtualaudio is on a distinguished road
Default glissandos, mutes and the Keyswitch patch

Though the Glissando articulation in the Individual Articulation Patches covers C major and related modes, it would be nice to have a more complete choice of Glissando keys in the FX folder, and perhaps a way to control speed.
Also, though Pedal Glissando is doable with the pitch wheel, but it would be nice for the pitch bend to default to a half-step (minor 2nd - this is the real pedal bend for a concert harp), avoiding the tedium of opening the Advanced Instrument Properties and setting it every time an articulation is loaded.
Lastly, a way to mute the strings would be nice, as this is a relatively common articulation for Harps in both solo and symphonic writing (this could be accomplished by assigning the release or decay to a midi control, but a more elegant solution would be most helpful).

BTW, the Keyswitch patch does not match the manual:
F# is the Pres de la table articulation (also called Quasi guitara)
G is the Harmonics articulation
G# is the Bisbigliando articulation

These minor quibbles aside, Hollywood Harps is an excellent addition to the Hollywood series. Can't wait for the Solo Violin & Cello, and hope that other common solo instruments are added in the future.
Hollywood Orchestra Diamond + Harp, SD 2 Pro, SD 3, Ra, Silk, Gypsy, Ghostwriter, VoP, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Orchestral Choir Platinum w/ VOTA, Solo Violin, The Dark Side, Goliath, Spaces, SSL FX, Synthology Ivory II, Arturia, AAS, UVI, Eduardo Tarilonte, etc.
Win7 Pro 64, ASUS Z77 Pro, i7-3770K, 16 GB ram, 4 SSDs, Cubase 7.5.40, Wavelab 8, Studio One Pro V2.6
http://www.tombofmysteries.com
http://www.flymastering.com
Closed Thread