Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 06:42 PM

Jazzylee is on a distinguished road
Default New Composer Cloud subscriber: So many choices

I have over a terrabyte available on an SSD. I am getting my feet wet learning Digital performer and have limited orchestral vsts from Komplete9 and VSL etc. So wow this is a no brainer way to get a balanced set of instruments to play with.

I immediately started downloading HS Gold. 4 hours to go at the sizzling 2 M/s rate. Is that normal?

Then I noticed the Diamond collections with more mike positions and of course bigger files.

For someone learning composing on a DAW (Loads of MIDI arranging experience from my dark past) I'm thinking I will be well served with the Gold Sections, and then whatever floats my boat as I work. I'd appreciate input on what standouts I may want to download as I put together film and game soundtrack demo tracks.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:08 AM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Well, I have only ever bought the Gold versions and I totally love them. I'm sure there are advantages to the extra mic positions, etc, but Gold is just fine. I think you'll be happy!
Old 12-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member

trumpoz is on a distinguished road

Gold is great. I ended up going with CCX and got the extra mic position (close) and am definately enjoying it. I find the combination of close/main mics gives more definition and makes it easier to blend with other companies whose instruments are completely dry.

Have fun with your new toys
Old 12-30-2016, 11:34 AM

rohann is on a distinguished road

Gold is great, and I've heard from others that Diamond is only really a necessity for the added mic positions here and there, though the person didn't personally use them for anything but Woodwinds as he preferred the flexibility of the default dry recording for HS Strings. I've heard a number of people say the Diamond edition isn't entirely worth the extra cash just for the legato bow articulations either on HS.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:05 PM

Jazzylee is on a distinguished road

I am feeling tempted to upgrade to the yearly plan for the close mike position. Got plenty to play with for now though.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:40 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzylee View Post
I am feeling tempted to upgrade to the yearly plan for the close mike position. Got plenty to play with for now though.
There is a 20% discount off the yearly plans (paid yearly) until January 2nd.
Closed Thread