Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 11-10-2017, 03:54 PM

ajrobb is on a distinguished road
Question Triangle sample

I'm scouring my EW libraries looking for a triangle sample that can do what I've indicated in the attached image.

I haven't found anything, but I swear that I came across a stopped/open triangle patch somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas off the top of their head?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 2.50.56 PM.jpg (5.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 11-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Gold Member

Morten Gjermundsen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Morten Gjermundsen

Did you try the Triangle 2 patch from EW Symphony Orchestra? You can find it under EW Symphony Orchestra>Percussion>Metals
Old 11-10-2017, 09:16 PM

I appreciate the suggestion.

My problem is that none of the "closed" triangle samples cut off the "open" triangle samples, the way a closed HH sample cuts off an open HH sample.

Unfortunately, Tri. 2 from EWQL Orchestra has the same problem.

I'm almost certain there's an accurate open-closed triangle sample in one of these libraries, but I can't find it. So far I've checked.

-HW Orch Percussion
-SD2
-SD3
-Ra
-Silk
-Gypsy
-MOR
-MOR2
-EWQL Platinum Symphonic Orchestra

...I'm running out of libraries to search! Any ideas? Have I missed a triangle in there somewhere?

Thanks again everyone.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:08 PM

widekeys is on a distinguished road

Here is a little trick I tend to use if I need stopped triangle or very fast stopped crash:
Set CC11 to 100 and as soon as you want to have the mute/stop, set it to 0 in one step. It won't cut off directly but with a slight release time. This can be used for stops at the end of phrases.
Alternate solution which will solve your notated rhythm problem: Load another triangle patch for muted articulations and set the release time to about 200 ms. This has the same effect as above. You may also automate the release time with any CC if you want to keep your sequencer tracks clean. Right click on the knob and select Midi Learn.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widekeys View Post
Here is a little trick I tend to use if I need stopped triangle or very fast stopped crash:
Set CC11 to 100 and as soon as you want to have the mute/stop, set it to 0 in one step. It won't cut off directly but with a slight release time. This can be used for stops at the end of phrases.
Alternate solution which will solve your notated rhythm problem: Load another triangle patch for muted articulations and set the release time to about 200 ms. This has the same effect as above. You may also automate the release time with any CC if you want to keep your sequencer tracks clean. Right click on the knob and select Midi Learn.
Nice. Good enough for a stopgap.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2017, 06:41 PM

michaelpluebell is on a distinguished road

The Cajun Triangle in Stormdrum 2 Ethnic metals has open/closed. The Triangle in Symphonic Orchestra also has an Open/Close on B2/C#3 and another from C3/D3

Tags
percussion, triangle