Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 08:05 AM

angusyhchan is on a distinguished road
Default Connection failed 404

I tried to update the PLAY engine to versions 6.0.2 in Installation Center and all I get is "Connection failed 404"

I then tried to download the most updated Installation Center 1.2.13 from the soundsonline.com website

http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?...dates&article=

and I got this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: STAA-Q7MohOrPbanO8ElX8ZzK-kDvyuGi-I90ykN3leZsKlBIPJqEQ==

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FYI, I'm from Hong Kong
Old 02-17-2018, 09:53 AM

Shad0wLandsUK is on a distinguished road
Unhappy I sense trouble in the air...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raden Agung View Post
I already contacted mac keeper and by remote assistant they can fix EW app. And also reinstalled by them. And now i can open again the EW app, but still cannot update via EW app. By the the way thank you very much for your email troubleshoot issue. It help a lot for now and can work again with newest PLAY, and i hope EW could patch new update the app soon specially for High Sierra, Thank you nviolette, you are awesome .
Mac Keeper?
A company I would not touch if you paid me to. They install bloatware on macOS and most software antivirus programs will see their application as a virus :/

Why on earth are you running that software?
And why even more so, are you contacting their remote support?!

If someone would put me right on this, I would welcome the researched and credible correction though
Waves DigiGrid D, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
Slave
i7 4770K, 32GB RAM Windows 10 Pro 1803
Composer Cloud Plus + PLAY 6 + VEP 6
Portfolio: https://soundcloud.com/straightouttathebox

Last edited by Shad0wLandsUK; 02-17-2018 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Making the post more concise
Old 02-17-2018, 10:26 AM

wkundrus is on a distinguished road

Raden Agung, where are you located and what is your external IP address ? In an attempt to fight hacker attacks from China, we change the configuration of our servers and that could affect downloads from certain parts of Asia.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:17 PM

This issue should be fixed now. Let me know, if there are other products that give you errors on download.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:42 PM

Default Connection failed 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkundrus View Post
Raden Agung, where are you located and what is your external IP address ? In an attempt to fight hacker attacks from China, we change the configuration of our servers and that could affect downloads from certain parts of Asia.
I'm from Hong Kong, a Special Administrative Region of People's Republic of China, but we have separate system, FB, google are forbidden in mainland China but it's allowed in Hong Kong, we have our own passport and currency here in Hong Kong.

We don't even consider ourselves as the same country as mainland China, very disappointed and upset that blockage of access from China affects access from Hong Kong too.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:50 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusyhchan View Post
I'm from Hong Kong, a Special Administrative Region of People's Republic of China, but we have separate system, FB, google are forbidden in mainland China but it's allowed in Hong Kong, we have our own passport and currency here in Hong Kong.

We don't even consider ourselves as the same country as mainland China, very disappointed and upset that blockage of access from China affects access from Hong Kong too.
Did you read post#14?
Old 02-17-2018, 10:47 PM

Default still the same ERROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Did you read post#14?
Yes, I read post #14, nothing changed , still the same ERROR when I tried to download via http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?section=updates, error message as below,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ERROR
The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.
Request ID: bBZJwOzNhts-3fDqZbg2Edi58XARu_LxCcHlypIeDecbjAsDuseryQ==
Old 02-18-2018, 08:07 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yes, I read post #14, nothing changed , still the same ERROR when I tried to download via http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?section=updates, error message as below,

ERROR
Request ID: bBZJwOzNhts-3fDqZbg2Edi58XARu_LxCcHlypIeDecbjAsDuseryQ==
Please send us a private message (top right) with your email address.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:52 AM
Silver Member

Raden Agung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0wLandsUK View Post
Mac Keeper?
A company I would not touch if you paid me to. They install bloatware on macOS and most software antivirus programs will see their application as a virus :/

Why on earth are you running that software?
And why even more so, are you contacting their remote support?!

If someone would put me right on this, I would welcome the researched and credible correction though
I just trial their software and tested. Now i just uninstalled. i think The software is lied. I have older mackeeper and not usually to using that. But when i cannot update PLAY 6.0.2 from EW app i have uninstalled EW app used older Mackeeper. When reinstalled EW app suddenly cannot sign in or just stuck spinning on preface the EW software. Then i tried upgrade my mackeeper that offer 24 live support and contacted them, they helped me with just clean uninstalled EW software. Then reinstalled EW app and i can sign in but still cannot download because connection 404 failed same like angusyhchan and giyomu. I can download the other EW product except update PLAY. But Thanks to Nviollette who gave me PLAY 6.0.2 link to download
Old 02-18-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
This message comes up, if you try to download content using the US CloudFront distribution from HongKong or China. The server looks at the IP the request comes from and selects the right CloudFront location. There seems to be the problem recognising your location. If it would see that you are accessing it from Hong Kong, it would work correctly.

To help me understand the problem, could you start the IC and select Submit System Information from the menu in the upper right corner ?

Just to make things clear. We do not block traffic from China or Hong Kong. We have servers dedicated to that territory.

Thanks
Closed Thread