Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 09-18-2018, 04:33 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reberclark View Post
I agree. Is "S. Cal. Hall" the EWQLSO hall? Would love to know to get a better sense of the room.
No, the EWQLSO Hall is where Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs were recorded, well over a decade ago.

It's "Northwest Orchestral Hall" in Spaces II, in real life called "Benaroya Hall", home to the Seattle symphony. See website link and pictures below.

The equivalent built in reverb in Play is "EW Hall LR".

As Dominik mentioned, there were legal reasons that EW wasn't allowed to specifically identify this hall. That didn't stop users from speculating about where exactly the samples were recorded, and looking at those beautiful shiny boxes EW used to use to ship their products, and comparing pictures to pictures from real concert halls, it wasn't too difficult to figure out.

https://www.seattlesymphony.org/
Old 09-18-2018, 04:48 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reberclark View Post
Hi Peter5992, I'm curious as to what reverbs you used for brass with the other San Francisco Hall reverbs? Thanks for all info!

Brass is routed to S. Cal. Hall Brass (FR for front speakers, RR for rear speakers - output is routed to front and rear speakers, and wet rendering tracks).

That said, since my computer is ageing (2009), in addition, the default routing for all orchestral instruments is to the San Francisco Hall - using a single reverb rather than specific reverbs for individual instruments.

In an ideal world, I would use all VSTs and reverbs and effects all the time, but my computer just can't handle that kind of strain, so I have be judicious about which instruments and effects to bring online without crashing the thing.

(I also use Sibelius at the same time, which can be demanding in resources for larger scores; and increasingly Dorico).
Old 09-18-2018, 05:13 PM

reberclark is on a distinguished road

Thanks Peter5992!

Polywell-built PC with Intel Core i7x980 at 3.33GHz 64bit -Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Diamond, Hollywood Harp Diamond, Ra, The Dark Side, StormDrum2, Ministry of Rock, QL Spaces & EW Spaces II