Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 06:51 PM

j3tman is on a distinguished road

Did you ever end up with the iMac with 64GB RAM? I just got a maxed out one myself, but I'm just now seeing some threads elsewhere claiming that the 64GB kits (at least from OWC) are causing kernel panics. It might just be one bad batch though. How is it working out for you?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:31 PM

VHapponen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman View Post
Did you ever end up with the iMac with 64GB RAM? I just got a maxed out one myself, but I'm just now seeing some threads elsewhere claiming that the 64GB kits (at least from OWC) are causing kernel panics. It might just be one bad batch though. How is it working out for you?
I haven't upgraded the RAM yet, will probably do so within the next month. I'm based in Europe, so I was thinking about Crucial to begin with, since ordering from OWC is a bit pricier with taxes they slap on. I'll have to look into the upgrade causing problems though, haven't heard of it before. I can get back to you on this when I've actually done the upgrade and get to work with it. Thanks for the heads up!
Sibelius 7 / Logic Pro X / Hollywood Strings Gold, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold, SO Gold, Pianos Gold, SD2 Pro, Symphonic Choirs Ext., Voices of Passion, Gypsy, Solo Violin, QL Spaces, MoR 2

www.valtterihapponen.com
Old 02-17-2017, 12:36 AM

j3tman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHapponen View Post
I haven't upgraded the RAM yet, will probably do so within the next month. I'm based in Europe, so I was thinking about Crucial to begin with, since ordering from OWC is a bit pricier with taxes they slap on. I'll have to look into the upgrade causing problems though, haven't heard of it before. I can get back to you on this when I've actually done the upgrade and get to work with it. Thanks for the heads up!
Did you ever make the upgrade? Curious to see how it worked out!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:52 AM

VHapponen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman View Post
Did you ever make the upgrade? Curious to see how it worked out!
Slightly after schedule, but the plan is to order the parts next week. I'll keep you posted!
Sibelius 7 / Logic Pro X / Hollywood Strings Gold, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold, SO Gold, Pianos Gold, SD2 Pro, Symphonic Choirs Ext., Voices of Passion, Gypsy, Solo Violin, QL Spaces, MoR 2

www.valtterihapponen.com
Closed Thread