Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 04-21-2018, 02:53 AM

Janicek is on a distinguished road

So what happens if you put Play 6 on two machines?

With all previous Play versions, its the libraries that have the licenses not the Player. So are you saying that without the presence of one of those two products Play 6 will not run?

Also aside from the search function have there been any performance improvements in Play 6 over 5?
Old 04-21-2018, 07:42 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janicek View Post

With all previous Play versions, its the libraries that have the licenses not the Player. So are you saying that without the presence of one of those two products Play 6 will not run?

Also aside from the search function have there been any performance improvements in Play 6 over 5?
PLAY 6 will run all of our libraries, not just the new titles, the new features are listed on the product page.

http://www.soundsonline.com/play6
Old 04-21-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:

What about the first part of my question?
Old 04-21-2018, 05:00 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Play 6 is now separately licensed, similar to your instruments. It's in my iLok account, and I have all my EW licenses, including Play 6, on a 3rd generation iLok that I can move around from computer to computer.

It's still possible to install everything on as many computers as you like, and when you want to actually use computer A, just plug in the iLok into that computer.

If you don't have Hollywood Choirs or Voices of the Empire, you can still buy it separately for $30. It's fully backwards compatible, so all the libraries you previously installed will continue to run fine in Play 6. Reason that EW charges $30 is that they want to recover the costs that went into the programming, design etc. If you don't have either Hollywood Choirs or Voices of the Empire, it's up to you whether $30 for the search function is worth it. (personally I'd say yes but that is me, $30 doesn't even buy me groceries these days and it saves a lot of time; plus it's nice to be able to leave notes)

Can't comment on any performance enhancements ... as with Play 5 you have to experiment with the setting to see what works best on your system (Play level).
Old 04-22-2018, 02:32 PM

Oh okay, not so sure I would want to spend $90 to install on 3 machines then, unless I knew the performance was better than v5.

From what I can see, seems v6 probably confined to search functions and GUI tweaks.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
Play 6 is now separately licensed, similar to your instruments.
The Play 6 license is actually meanwhile embedded in the VotE license.

THe main aspects of Play 6:
  • Instrument Database to search by key word or category attribute selection
  • Enhanced UI with Navigation Bar for Main Menu, Settings, View Selector buttons
  • Collapsable Instrument Sidebar with access to advanced instrument properties
  • Integration for Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol and Maschine software
  • New and improved convolution engine for better performance with reverb and amp fx
  • New and improved WordBuilder
Play 6 User Manual
Play 6 Quick Guide
http://www.soundsonline.com/play6

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, On Harddrives, On DAWs
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.30, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii
Old 04-24-2018, 11:51 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Oh okay, not so sure I would want to spend $90 to install on 3 machines then, unless I knew the performance was better than v5.

From what I can see, seems v6 probably confined to search functions and GUI tweaks.
You only need to pay once, $30 ... if you have Play 6 on your iLok, just stick it in the computer you are using, similar to the EW instruments that are installed on multiple computers.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:12 PM
Silver Member

wcreed51 is on a distinguished road

I believe on licensee allows you 2 installs.
Kontakt, VSL VI, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choir and Pianos
August Forster 190
Old 04-24-2018, 06:50 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcreed51 View Post
I believe on licensee allows you 2 installs.
No, that's not the way it works.

I'll show screenshots below of my iLok account.

These are my available activations on my iLok account (snapshot):

I only activated one of two licenses for Play 6, and moved it to one of my physical iLok USB sticks.

I can stick my USB stick into any computer I want, and I'll be able to use any EW library and Play 6 where I installed them. If had 1,000 computers, I could install my EW libaries and Play on all of them, and by moving my iLok back and forth, I'd be able to use all of them, but only one at a time.

I have another activation of Play 6 left, so I can do with that other activation what I want. Just leave it there, move it to another iLok, install it permanently on a computer. I have no need for any of that so for now I'll just leave it up there.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:50 AM
Silver Member

wcreed51 is on a distinguished road

Yes, but you can do a machine activation on a second computer, so in essence, you can install on 2 computers.

If you use VE Pro or the like, you'd need play on both systems at the same time.
Kontakt, VSL VI, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choir and Pianos
August Forster 190