Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Silver Member

George Bellas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
I will be happy just to see one choir that isn't focused on what has now become the cliche' of Latin and Latin sounding phrases.
Hallelujah!

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6, Logic Pro X, PLAY 5, RME RayDAT, Focusrite Red Series and ISA Mic Pres, Apogee Converters, Coleman Audio SR5.1 MKII

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus, Symphonic Choirs, QL Pianos, Silk, Voices of Passion, Stormdrum 2, Gypsy, Goliath, Ministry of Rock, Voices of the Apocalypse, Superior Drummer, VE Pro, Spaces
Old 10-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member

MPDmike is on a distinguished road

Accents, and different dialects, can be covered by adding all the phonemes to the choir to make sure it contains all those variations of articulations that the human voice makes.

Perhaps a bigger problem is that choirs from different regions of the world just do sound different. A choir singing religious music in, say, England does actually sound different from a choir singing religious music in Russia. On the other hand, a choir in Africa will have another sort of sound and dynamics.

So, as with any choir product, it is going to be difficult to make available all those diverse choir sounds we have in the world. We shall have to wait and see just what market Hollywood Choirs is aiming at. Perhaps this new product will only supply those cinematic choral backdrops we hear in Hollywood movies?
Old 10-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Silver Member

wcreed51 is on a distinguished road

>>Perhaps this new product will only supply those cinematic choral backdrops we hear in Hollywood movies?

Well, that's what the name implies...

It's pretty late in the "fall" to not have any details. I just hope it's SATB and not female/male sections.
Kontakt, VSL VI, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choir and Pianos
August Forster 190
Old 10-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Silver Member

George Bellas is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up SATB Sections

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcreed51 View Post
I just hope it's SATB and not female/male sections.
I too am hoping for dedicated SATB sections. That is one aspect I really love about EWQL Symphonic Choirs.

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6, Logic Pro X, PLAY 5, RME RayDAT, Focusrite Red Series and ISA Mic Pres, Apogee Converters, Coleman Audio SR5.1 MKII

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus, Symphonic Choirs, QL Pianos, Silk, Voices of Passion, Stormdrum 2, Gypsy, Goliath, Ministry of Rock, Voices of the Apocalypse, Superior Drummer, VE Pro, Spaces
Old 10-06-2017, 12:21 AM
Silver Member

Annabelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Annabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bellas View Post
I too am hoping for dedicated SATB sections. That is one aspect I really love about EWQL Symphonic Choirs.
Me, too, along with Boys Choir, Girls Choir, Mezzo Soprano, and Baritone. They could even do combined choirs like they have in EWQL Symphonic Choirs (SATB, SATB with children's voices singing S and A parts, Male Choir with Men and boys, Female Choir with Women and Girls, TTBarB (Men), SSMAA (Women), and Children). Even solo voices with Wordbuilder would be nice. I even forwarded the choir ranges of all the different voices to one of the tech support agents in a support case, and I sure hope this will soon come to fruition.

Music is the key to happiness and Joy. While the home of peace and harmony is The City Of Brotherly Love. Welcome home to Philadelphia!

Hardware:
Rockbox MC5XS Desktop, Intel Core I5 Processor, 3.30GHZ, 500GB Primary Drive, 1TB Recording Drive, 1TB Samples Drive, Motu 896HD Audio Interface, Akai MPK25 MIDI Controller
Software:
Windows 7 64 Bit, JAWS (Job Access With Speech) 10.0 Screenreader, Caketalking 8.5 for Sonar Accessibility Software, Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition, Play VST 64 Bit
Eastwest Quantum Leap Instruments:
Goliath, Gypsy, Pianos, RA, Stormdrums 2, Symphonic Choirs, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Voices Of Passion
Old 10-09-2017, 04:14 PM

neglorpf is on a distinguished road
Default Okay, Guys - It's Fall 2017 ...

I've been anxiously awaiting the debut of Hollywood Choirs since summertime, and I patiently waited for Fall 2017 to roll around.

Well, here it is - and where is Hollywood Choirs?

It would be nice to get some idea of what it's about - maybe hear some of these voices that we're being promised. But, nothing - no videos, no teaser videos ... not a scrap.

Yeah, I know, it'll get here eventually. Fine. But don't be putting teasers out there so soon if we're going to have to wait until December 19th so that it will technically be released during Fall 2017. What's up, guys?
Old 10-15-2017, 02:32 AM
Platinum Member

Dominik Raab is on a distinguished road

You know what I'm even more anxious to know than what it sounds like? If it's going to be downloadable for subscribers, or if there's a new Sound Data drive coming out with Choirs and Empire included. I'm building my slave PC in January and won't use Hollywood Choirs before that anyway, but since I'm in Europe, I have to calculate with additional time until the drives are available here anyway, if it's not downloadable.

I'm perfectly fine with EW taking their time to release a finished and great product, but the wait for info on hard drives and downloads is killing me.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominik Raab View Post
You know what I'm even more anxious to know than what it sounds like? If it's going to be downloadable for subscribers, or if there's a new Sound Data drive coming out with Choirs and Empire included. I'm building my slave PC in January and won't use Hollywood Choirs before that anyway, but since I'm in Europe, I have to calculate with additional time until the drives are available here anyway, if it's not downloadable.

I'm perfectly fine with EW taking their time to release a finished and great product, but the wait for info on hard drives and downloads is killing me.
Both versions can be downloaded.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member

Dominik Raab is on a distinguished road

Amazing. Thank you, admin!