Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > The Suggestion Box > INSTRUMENTS - Suggestions
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 10:37 AM

Kazoo_74 is on a distinguished road
Default Plucked string instruments

I would propose to create a sounds library of plucked string instruments like, for example, harp, guitar, mandolin, banjo, zither, ect.
Obviously with various user-controllable mic positions for each instrument.

DAW
Cubase 7.5 (64bit); Windows 7 Pro (64bit) Intel Core i7-3820 @3.60Ghz; Intel X79 Express Chipset; 32Gb Dual Channel DDR3; NVIDIA Quadro 400 Alesis IO4; Alesis M1 Active 520

East West and Quantum Leap products
Hollywood Orchestra (Diamond) Hollywood Solo Instruments (Diamond) Pianos (Platinum) SD2 SD3 Symphonic Choirs (Gold) Voices of the Empire Ghostwriter Spaces ProDrummer 1 & 2
Old 10-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Silver Member

Annabelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Annabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo_74 View Post
I would propose to create a sounds library of plucked string instruments like, for example, harp, guitar, mandolin, banjo, zither, ect.
Obviously with various user-controllable mic positions for each instrument.
I'd love to have something like that. I've especially been looking for expanded versions of Strat and lapsteel/pedal steel guitars. But one I've especially been looking for is a nice sounding 12-string acoustic guitar. I looked in Goliath, and I can't seem to find it. All I can find is a 6-string acoustic guitar. Even in RA< there's only a Washburn guitar, though I'm sure that one's a six-string guitar as well.

Music is the key to happiness and Joy. While the home of peace and harmony is The City Of Brotherly Love. Welcome home to Philadelphia!

Hardware:
Rockbox MC5XS Desktop, Intel Core I5 Processor, 3.30GHZ, 500GB Primary Drive, 1TB Recording Drive, 1TB Samples Drive, Motu 896HD Audio Interface, Akai MPK25 MIDI Controller
Software:
Windows 7 64 Bit, JAWS (Job Access With Speech) 10.0 Screenreader, Caketalking 8.5 for Sonar Accessibility Software, Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition, Play VST 64 Bit
Eastwest Quantum Leap Instruments:
Goliath, Gypsy, Pianos, RA, Stormdrums 2, Symphonic Choirs, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Voices Of Passion
Old 10-02-2014, 01:49 AM

Kostas73 is on a distinguished road

A good suggestion, last week I was looking for Lute and Kobza samples and didnt find them except variation of Lute.
But found this: Atlasofpluckedinstruments.com
Old 10-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Silver Member

Annabelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Annabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas73 View Post
A good suggestion, last week I was looking for Lute and Kobza samples and didnt find them except variation of Lute.
But found this: Atlasofpluckedinstruments.com
What's a cobza? I don't think I've ever heard of that instrument before. Is it like a guitar?

Music is the key to happiness and Joy. While the home of peace and harmony is The City Of Brotherly Love. Welcome home to Philadelphia!

Hardware:
Rockbox MC5XS Desktop, Intel Core I5 Processor, 3.30GHZ, 500GB Primary Drive, 1TB Recording Drive, 1TB Samples Drive, Motu 896HD Audio Interface, Akai MPK25 MIDI Controller
Software:
Windows 7 64 Bit, JAWS (Job Access With Speech) 10.0 Screenreader, Caketalking 8.5 for Sonar Accessibility Software, Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition, Play VST 64 Bit
Eastwest Quantum Leap Instruments:
Goliath, Gypsy, Pianos, RA, Stormdrums 2, Symphonic Choirs, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Voices Of Passion
Old 11-11-2014, 09:12 AM

Kostas73 is on a distinguished road

Sorry I reply so late, Kobza is like Zither, this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qf4kUMT1n0 helped me to know about this instrument.
Closed Thread

Tags
banjo, guitar, harp, mandolin, zither