Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Silver Member

navboy is on a distinguished road
Default new to WB = quick question

using WB in CubaseSX3 with Kontakt2, created Mens and Womens choirs using the Full samples as per manual, having them sing short phrases, mostly working except for a couple issues:

1. The consonants are barely audible compared to the vowels - i know this is what a trained singer strives for, but in this case i'd really like to get the beginnings and ends of words more distinct. I tried setting the start/end consonants to velocity 127 and the middle vowels to 95, but it didn't seem to change anything. I tried setting ending consonants to "staccato" keyswitch (and the beginning of the next word to "normal" ks) but didn't notice any change.

2. Am doing okay with one word syllables, but when i tried to get "championship" to work, nothing i could do would get the "ship" part to sound. It worked to break out "ship" into a following word and manipulate note spacing, but i'd like to understand what's happening so i can work more quickly rather than try a bunch of settings, realize it's not going to work, then lose all the settings when i break the word into two pieces.

Thanks for any help!

-steve
Old 04-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Platinum Member

Dannthr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dannthr Send a message via MSN to Dannthr

Try setting the volume for voiced and unvoiced consonants up. This is a setting in the voice options.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Silver Member

navboy is on a distinguished road

Oh, i somehow overlooked that. Will give it a shot. Thanks!

Also ran into trouble trying to do a fast passage of one syllable words - the words and even vowel sounds don't seem right. Tried selecting the phrase and adjusting speed in both the on/off panes to 50%, then 25%, then 15%, but it didn't really make it more intelligible. The notes are 8th notes at 125 bpm.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Platinum Member

Dannthr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dannthr Send a message via MSN to Dannthr

Have wordbuilder learn the passage first, try different articulations, try different blends of the phonems, and finally realize that most people can't understand a real choir much less a fake one.