Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > The Suggestion Box
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 10:27 AM

rer0dgers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to rer0dgers
Question QL Spaces License

If I am a Composer Cloud Plus customer, for over a year, and I ask really nicely, would someone PLEASE issue a separate QL Spaces license? I moved the entire library to its own dedicated PC but I still want QL Spaces running on the master DAW as it is loaded in my template. PLEASE?! PRETTY PLEASE?!
Old 03-15-2017, 06:57 AM

Angry

I'm starting to feel like I'm alone in this suggestion. I couldn't get the library to run efficiently on the same system as the DAW and all of my other libraries. But I am not willing to give up just yet. It was much easier to just piece together a dedicated Core i5 with 32GB of RAM, take one of the multiple VEPro6 license keys issued with my Vienna license (I'm Just saying...), and move the library to its own dedicated PC. Its always available and works so much better, but the QL Spaces license has to move with the library. I want it to stay on the Master PC running my Cubase 9 DAW. Doesn't that make sense? Even if I wanted to just apply effects on Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, I would still only be able to apply it on one of the PCs in one instance of my setup.

Are there no other cloud members using VEPro6? Don't you still want to use Spaces?
Old 03-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Silver Member

chlady is on a distinguished road

I guess I'm not quite following you on this ? Why does the license have to move with the library? Do you want to run spaces on only one of the computers? Is the license not on an iLok and can't you just move it to different iLok on your master? Or use busses for your efx from vep when it comes back in to the Daw?

DP 9.13, Mac Pro 3.33 GHZ 12 core , OS 10.8.5, 64GB ram

EWQLSO Platinum Plus, EWSC, Fab Four, Gypsy, RA, Silk, Goliath, Stormdrum 2 &3, VOP, EWQL Pianos, Pro Drummer, Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood WW, Hollywood Percussion, Spaces, VE Pro 5, Komplete 9 ultimate, Arturia Collection4, Project Sam Symphobia,
MOTU 2408mk3, UA Apollo 8, and UA plugins, 4 SSD HDs,
Old 03-16-2017, 05:58 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlady View Post
I guess I'm not quite following you on this ? Why does the license have to move with the library? Do you want to run spaces on only one of the computers? Is the license not on an iLok and can't you just move it to different iLok on your master? Or use busses for your efx from vep when it comes back in to the Daw?
First, let me say the people at EW must read the forums because not long after I posted that yesterday I got a reply and I'm all taken care of now. The entire system is as smooth as butter now...

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

To answer your question: The license would have to move with the library because the same iLOK key that authenticates the entire Composer Cloud library also authenticates QL Spaces. So if I choose to move the library to a dedicated PC, and not install it on the PC where the DAW is, Spaces will only launch on that PC. So, you are correct, I only want spaces on my DAW computer. I do use send buses for FX, on the DAW computer. There might be a way to have the buses also run from VEPro6 where the rest of the library is but from a networking perspective, that is VERY inefficient. So a third PC would have to stream to the DAW, then out the send, streamed to another PC where SPACES is running, processed, then streamed back to the DAW, traversing the network 3 times before I hear it. The lag time is intolerable. I would be forced to Cubase's integrated reverb, or find some other reverb. But I'm good now... back at it!
Closed Thread

Tags
licenses, ql spaces