Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 08-16-2018, 08:42 AM
Silver Member

DonaldM is on a distinguished road
Default Space Locations for Spaces II

The manual does list the names of the various halls and churches, etc, where IR's were created for Spaces II. But there's not much other information on them. I'm especially interested to know which Sacred Heart cathedral was used for that collection of IRs? From the photo, it looks like it might be the Sacred Heart Cathedral at the University of Notre Dame, but I can't quite tell.

Can someone from EW verify the location of that particular church?

If it is the one at Notre Dame, I'm thrilled...I always thought that would make a great collection of IRs for a convo reverb.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

I have a similar question for the San Francisco Hall, which has been my go to reverb for years.

I always thought it was the SF Davies Symphony Hall, but the picture is from a different hall. And it's also not the War Memorial Opera House (with the very recognizable chandelier hanging from the rooftop). Or the SF ballet.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
I have a similar question for the San Francisco Hall, which has been my go to reverb for years.

I always thought it was the SF Davies Symphony Hall, but the picture is from a different hall. And it's also not the War Memorial Opera House (with the very recognizable chandelier hanging from the rooftop). Or the SF ballet.
Yeah, it would be great to know what exact churches and halls were used, as there may be some that users will know first hand. I just assume the photos are of the actual space, but perhaps not.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Yeah, it would be great to know what exact churches and halls were used, as there may be some that users will know first hand. I just assume the photos are of the actual space, but perhaps not.

Many of the halls and churches are recognizable, e.g. the Davies Hall (SF Symphony), Grace Cathedral in SF, the War Memorial Opera House in SF, the Benaroya Hall (EWQLSO Hall, where the original Symphonic Orchestra and Symhonic Choirs were recorded, which was a public secret for many years). Obviously the EW Studios are pretty recognizable as well.

But it would be nice to have a list of the actual locations.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:19 PM

reberclark is on a distinguished road

I agree. Is "S. Cal. Hall" the EWQLSO hall? Would love to know to get a better sense of the room.

Polywell-built PC with Intel Core i7x980 at 3.33GHz 64bit -Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Diamond, Hollywood Harp Diamond, Ra, The Dark Side, StormDrum2, Ministry of Rock, QL Spaces & EW Spaces II
Old 08-28-2018, 03:59 PM
Silver Member

Maybe they're all secret locations. No one from EW has responded with further info on these locations.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Platinum Member

Dominik Raab is on a distinguished road

In the past, I believe Nick has told people here and on other forums that their licensing agreements with the location's owners sometimes prevents them from naming the space.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post

Hi Peter5992, I'm curious as to what reverbs you used for brass with the other San Francisco Hall reverbs? Thanks for all info!

Polywell-built PC with Intel Core i7x980 at 3.33GHz 64bit -Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Diamond, Hollywood Harp Diamond, Ra, The Dark Side, StormDrum2, Ministry of Rock, QL Spaces & EW Spaces II
Old 08-31-2018, 03:30 PM

https://www.scfta.org/Plan-Your-Visi...cert-Hall.aspx "S. Cal Hall" - Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall?

Old 09-18-2018, 05:10 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reberclark View Post
https://www.scfta.org/Plan-Your-Visi...cert-Hall.aspx "S. Cal Hall" - Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall?
Yeah, that's definitely a match. The Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall are in Orange County, definitely Southern California.