Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware

Old 05-24-2017, 08:09 PM
Gold Member

composeralex is on a distinguished road
Default Sonar X! producer MIDI/audio problem ("screech" during bounced audio) - help please!

I started a thread in the "support" subforum but I'm desperate for help.

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/s...ad.php?t=54640

In a nutshell, I'm using SONAR X1 producer with 14 instances of PLAY as VST plugins (EWQL symphony orchestra, platinum plus, with average of 10-12 articulations per instance) and can't seem to get SONAR to bounce my MIDI tracks to audio without awful artifacts in the bounced tracks.

Live playback is a hit-or-miss, but bounced audio is consistently unusable. DXF tracks, in particular, have dropped "voices" in the mic positions in addition to the blips and screeches.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_o...ature=youtu.be

I'm using Windows 7 (64-bit), SONAR X1 producer, the most recent PLAY update, and a MOTU 2408 mk3. 3.2GHz hex-core processor, 16 GB of RAM, and four Western Digital black drives for streaming samples.

It's not an issue with release tails, reverb, specific mic positions, or CPU overload.

I've raised the PLAY engine level to max.

I've raised and lowered the max voices, and raised and lowered the buffer size (in SONAR and on my MOTU).

I've tried "fast bounce" and "real-time bounce," with various combinations of settings ("entire mix," "what you hear," "all," etc. with various "source" settings).

I've resetting the engine in PLAY, and resetting the MIDI/audio engine a couple dozen times in SONAR.

I've tried bouncing solo tracks, small numbers of tracks, and entire PLAY audio outputs.

I don't know what else to try, at this point.

My initial assumption that it was in some way related to a PLAY update, but my older/smaller files seem to work well enough, so I concluded it must be in some way related to the number of PLAY instances I have in SONAR. (I've never had 14 before; I think my previous max was 10-12.)

However, I tried disconnecting several - no change. I even deleted several (along with the corresponding MIDI tracks/folders), and still no success.

I've since deleted several and disconnected all but one, leaving only a single instance of PLAY, and it still won't properly bounce a single track to audio without horrible screeches and artifacts.

Last edited by composeralex; 05-24-2017 at 08:16 PM.