Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Introduce Yourself

Old 06-11-2017, 10:08 AM

hafoman is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Sweden

Hi

I'm Hans from Stockholm. First time I write something here. I don't have any EW products yet - but soon I will. The problem is that I can't decide which product to start with. I need more info about the difference between Symph Orchestra and Hollywood Orchestra. The content of SO is published on the web site but I can't find any info about HO. So if anyone knows - and if you have time - I would appreciate some comments. My music skills are at the beginning of something.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Silver Member

michaelpluebell is on a distinguished road

Welcome Hans!

Both Symphonic Orchestra and Hollywood Orchestra are great libraries, but there are some differences.

Symphonic Orchestra is the older of the two libraries, and is less resource demanding. It was recorded with the input of an engineer highly regarded for Classical recording in a concert hall and, as such, has more of that reverb sound in the recorded sample (especially the surround mic included in Symphonic Orchestra Platinum). Symphonic Orchestra Platinum comes with 24-bit samples and 3 Mic positions. Symphonic Orchestra is a little easier to produce a mock-ups with, but doesn't have quite as many options as Hollywood.

Hollywood Orchestra was recorded in a sound stage used for scoring, by an engineer well known for film scoring. Hollywood Orchestra Diamond includes 5-mic positions and 24-bit samples, as well as true recorded legato. It is certainly more demanding on your system in use and in space (Diamond is 680GB). As far as an instrument list for Hollywood Orchestra, you can find that in the manuals for each instrument section - http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?...nuals&article=

The Gold version of both (only one mic position and 16-bit samples) are included in the ComposerCloud Subscriptions, so if you're uncertain about which suits your needs better, that might be the best way to go.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:10 AM

hafoman is on a distinguished road

Thank You michaelpluebell - that makes it clearer.