Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 07-17-2017, 03:09 PM

EvanArnett is on a distinguished road
Default HO Gold to Platinum Upgrade - Questions and Considerations

HO Gold's strings are beautiful, soaring and majestic. But I have a project that needs to do the "Batman/trailer music spiccato" thing and am having some trouble getting the timbre I'm looking for- percussive and biting. I've heard that using close mics and divisi can get better results, and I was wondering if anyone can point me to a demo of HS Platinum doing this? (Also, I'd like to respectfully ask that we leave discussions about the value or overuse of this technique elsewhere.)

If I upgrade, do I lose my Gold Samples or License? I'd like to be able to keep my lighter 16-bit samples since my RAM is limited.

Also, my currently HO Gold ilok license shows 4 separate licenses- 1 for each family. Is it possible to move the license for a single family to a different ilok, so for example, I could put just the brass on a slave machine without buying a second full license?

Finally, the recommended system specs on the product page seem a bit conservative. Can a single computer with 16gb of ram and SSD really run a large HO Platinum scoring template? If not, what does it really take?

It looks like the upgrade is currently $250 from HO Gold to Platinum, which seems like a great deal. I hope it doesn't end before I'm able to figure out if this is what I really need.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Silver Member

Fleer is on a distinguished road

There's no Hollywood Platinum. It's called Hollywood Diamond instead.
Hollywood Orchestra Diamond, Hollywood Solo Violin Diamond, Hollywood Solo Cello Diamond, Hollywood Strings Gold, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Choirs, VOTA, Pianos Platinum, Fab Four, Ghostwriter, Gypsy, Silk, Voices of Passion, Spaces
Old 07-17-2017, 11:07 PM
Silver Member

Raden Agung is on a distinguished road

Your Hollywood Orchestra gold license will not gone if you upgrade to Diamond. I have Hollywood Orchestra Gold and Diamond but my Gold Library just erased in my Harddrive, just use Diamond. But someday if i want use Gold just installed back to Harddrive.

Same like you my RAM have only 16GB and it will enough to load standard orchestra score, but only 1 mic. I usually use woodwind: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Basson (all keyswitch), Brass: 6Horns, 3Trumpets, Trombone, Solo Tuba (all keyswitch), Percussion: Combo Kits 1, Combo Kits 2, Strings: Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello, Basses (All in bow change stacc legato patch), Optional Strings FX (Tremolo, Pizzicato). with all that the not use RAM just 6GB left, so i can loaded more instrument like stromdrum 2 or 3 or Silk and Ra etc. Its depend what movie scoring i have working on.

If you want hear all mic simultaneously you must upgrade RAM to 32GB or 64GB (i think). But with 16GB if you want to hear all mic sounds just transfer all mic to audio one by one per mic then mute play and run your audio tracks full loaded audio each mic you have already transferred.

Last edited by Raden Agung; 07-17-2017 at 11:10 PM.