Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 06-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Silver Member

George Bellas is on a distinguished road
Question Video Teasers and Walk Throughs

It would be really great to hear some teasers or walk throughs leading up to the release of Hollywood Choirs.

I'm really curious about the extent of legato implementation and what sections are included in the library.

Looking forward to it!

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6, Logic Pro X, PLAY 5, RME RayDAT, Focusrite Red Series and ISA Mic Pres, Apogee Converters, Coleman Audio SR5.1 MKII

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus, Symphonic Choirs, QL Pianos, Silk, Voices of Passion, Stormdrum 2, Gypsy, Goliath, Ministry of Rock, Voices of the Apocalypse, Superior Drummer, VE Pro, Spaces
Old 06-30-2017, 12:42 PM

Kazoo_74 is on a distinguished road

Fantastico!

DAW
Cubase 7.5 (64bit); Windows 7 Pro (64bit) Intel Core i7-3820 @3.60Ghz; Intel X79 Express Chipset; 32Gb Dual Channel DDR3; NVIDIA Quadro 400 Alesis IO4; Alesis M1 Active 520

East West and Quantum Leap products
Pianos (Platinum) Symphonic Choirs (Gold) Hollywood Strings (Silver) Solo Violin Hollywood Brass (Silver) Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds (Silver) SD2 SD3 Ghostwriter Spaces ProDrummer
Old 06-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Gold Member

Morten Gjermundsen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Morten Gjermundsen

Great! I just bought two choir libraries from another company a week ago and now i see this. It sounds like another must have library from EWQL. Looking forward to hear the demos.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Silver Member

George Bellas is on a distinguished road
Question Individual SATB Sections

Questions regarding the forthcoming Hollywood Choirs library:

1. Are there individual SATB sections as in EWQL Symphonic Choirs?

2. How extensive is the legato implementation?

Any insights you can reveal ahead of launch will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6, Logic Pro X, PLAY 5, RME RayDAT, Focusrite Red Series and ISA Mic Pres, Apogee Converters, Coleman Audio SR5.1 MKII

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus, Symphonic Choirs, QL Pianos, Silk, Voices of Passion, Stormdrum 2, Gypsy, Goliath, Ministry of Rock, Voices of the Apocalypse, Superior Drummer, VE Pro, Spaces
Old 07-24-2017, 11:04 AM
Silver Member

Annabelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Annabelle

Cool-ee-o! I'd really love to have this new choir instrument. I sure hope it's more screenreader friendly than Symphonic Choirs. In other words, not only is the text editor easy to type text into, but hopefully the time editor should be easy for someone blind like me to have access to. Better yet, it would be cool if there was a way to shape the sound of the syllables, especially for the sounds of characters like , , , , , , , and so on. After all, and I could be wrong, but I believe those characters have certain intonations to them. For example, is, to the best of my knowledge, a cross between an "oo", or maybe like the "ou" in "could", and an "er" sound, as in "Bird", "Verse", or "Turn". At least that's what it sounds like to my ears. As I don't speak German, but I speak French, so that's why I put that first example there.

Music is the key to happiness and Joy. While the home of peace and harmony is The City Of Brotherly Love. Welcome home to Philadelphia!

Hardware:
Rockbox MC5XS Desktop, Intel Core I5 Processor, 3.30GHZ, 500GB Primary Drive, 1TB Recording Drive, 1TB Samples Drive, Motu 896HD Audio Interface, Akai MPK25 MIDI Controller
Software:
Windows 7 64 Bit, JAWS (Job Access With Speech) 10.0 Screenreader, Caketalking 8.5 for Sonar Accessibility Software, Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition, Play VST 64 Bit
Eastwest Quantum Leap Instruments:
Goliath, Gypsy, Pianos, RA, Stormdrums 2, Symphonic Choirs, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Voices Of Passion
Old 07-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Silver Member

jryser is on a distinguished road

Exact way to pronounce in German. Schn sounds like Sh ou/ir n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2017, 05:46 PM
Silver Member

Annabelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Annabelle

If I ever have the chance to purchase this Hollywood Choirs, I wonder if it will be compatible with Play version 4.3.5 and Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition. Maybe it's possible that Hollywood Choirs will have a better version of Wordbuilder.

Music is the key to happiness and Joy. While the home of peace and harmony is The City Of Brotherly Love. Welcome home to Philadelphia!

Hardware:
Rockbox MC5XS Desktop, Intel Core I5 Processor, 3.30GHZ, 500GB Primary Drive, 1TB Recording Drive, 1TB Samples Drive, Motu 896HD Audio Interface, Akai MPK25 MIDI Controller
Software:
Windows 7 64 Bit, JAWS (Job Access With Speech) 10.0 Screenreader, Caketalking 8.5 for Sonar Accessibility Software, Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition, Play VST 64 Bit
Eastwest Quantum Leap Instruments:
Goliath, Gypsy, Pianos, RA, Stormdrums 2, Symphonic Choirs, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Voices Of Passion
Old 07-26-2017, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member

Dominik Raab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
If I ever have the chance to purchase this Hollywood Choirs, I wonder if it will be compatible with Play version 4.3.5
As far as I'm aware, new East West products have always required a new version of PLAY that was released along with them, adding them to the Favorites choice menu and ensuring compatibility. I wouldn't expect Hollywood Choirs to run with PLAY 4, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member

trumpoz is on a distinguished road

In the opening post it states 'a new and improved version of wordbuilder'
Old 07-27-2017, 03:08 PM

John57 is on a distinguished road

yes, wordbuilder is part of play. Unless East West separates wordbuilder from play it may require a new version of play.