Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 07-06-2017, 01:48 PM

eastwest7 is on a distinguished road
Default Pulse Sounds

{feel free to answer any one of the questions below that interest you}

What are your thoughts on getting pulse sounds using east west?
Are there any instruments or libraries in particular that you use?
Any fxs you use to create or manipulate a phrase or loop into pulses?

Its my understanding that working with any sound you could gate it, side chain it, run it through a synth arpeggiator, or fx plug in, and layer pulses together, etc. to create unique pulses from scratch.
What is your particular strategy for making pulse grooves? How many layers of sounds do you like to use?

I have also heard of other libraries/fx for creating pulses.

Any instruments or libraries in East West you have been using to get these kind of sounds?

Any insights or thoughts? It seems there are many awesome pulse sounds that are really fun and can really add a lot, just wondering how everyone goes about creating them/thinking about this particular type of sound.

Last edited by admin; 07-06-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:12 PM

Been doing my own research, but I'd love to hear how others approach this kind of sound. So using volume shapers or gates along with say a string ostinato and percussion section both gating in the same way creates a cool kind of harmonic pulse loop. Also doing similar filtering effects on a two or three sounds kind of makes them into one cohesive pulse sound. So you can make unique pulse sounds. This I a simple approach I have been using. But I am sure there are many other creative ways to create them. Also using vsts synth plug ins you can get a similar effect by using a sequenced gate or filter or by running audio through the sequencer in some fx or sampler plug ins. Pretty cool, is love to hear others approach or ideas -
Old 07-13-2017, 03:15 PM

Maybe running the sample audio through an audio input of a analog synth with a sequencer and filter could be cool too. For sequences filter and or gating, distortion, envelope, etc fx
Old 07-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Silver Member

Raden Agung is on a distinguished road

Because i am using Pro Tools 11 just put AIR gate plugin with EW Plugin. For library just use Dark Side, Ghostwriter or any sound from EW but mostly only 2 i mention i have experiment use.

i think East West must added arpeggiator machine along side with Ohmicide, SSL etc for next version of Play, that would be awesome.