Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 08-10-2017, 03:21 AM

eastwest7 is on a distinguished road

Another note is that I never really got into Logic's VSTs , I like Cubase's much more, although exs24 is a sweet sampler, I used that a lot. Reaper, digital performer, and some others seem pretty nice as well. The one thing Logic is lacking right now is unlimited tracks and Ram disabling abilities which I think they should update.The updates they have done in X are really nice. One thing that is thrown around is that Logic is being updated more for general consumers, whereas Cubase updates are more complex and helpful to composers. In a way this may be true, but as being a Logic Pro 9 user for a long time, I think Logic is pretty deep as well. If you compare them side by side you may see differences, but it doesn't mean you can't get very deep with Logic's functionality. Personally I think there is more possible in Cubase, but Logic is still super deep as well.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:26 AM
Gold Member

Jay Asher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay Asher

Sorry to be pedantic, but there are no "VSTs" in Logic. All the software Instruments, or virtual instruments if you like, are part of the code, and if there were plug-ins per se', they would have to be Audio Units, not VSTs.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest7 View Post
One thing that is thrown around is that Logic is being updated more for general consumers, whereas Cubase updates are more complex and helpful to composers.
That is pure 100% baloney. Cubase also charges a silly upgrade fee for it's incremental updates (for example, Cubase 8 to 8.5, etc). Cubase certainly has better routing options for VEPro, since it has the VST3 protocol. Logic is no slouch though, you just need to get your head around the workflows for each DAW.

If you go with Cubase, let me know and I'll send a step-by-step guide that a friend of mine made for setting up VEPro templates with a slave.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:54 PM

Yeah you are totally right JayAsher, got mixed up. I meant "virtual instruments/software instruments" (AU in Logic & VST in Cubase), thank you.Should be more careful as to not be confusing, apologies. Yeah I already purchased Cubase a few weeks ago, I really like it, I think most Logic users would love Cubase, because it has a very similar feel, but offers some various other tools. I agree jspenc, Logic is very good, and much more than that.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:20 PM

And yes Jspenc send me your friends notes for Cubase, I was also checking out Dirk Ehlert's videos on YouTube for inspiration/insight. There's a lot of signal flow happening. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:24 PM

SuperKons is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspencer View Post
If you go with Cubase, let me know and I'll send a step-by-step guide that a friend of mine made for setting up VEPro templates with a slave.
That guide I would like to have, cheers
Old 08-10-2017, 08:17 PM

Digitalelf is on a distinguished road
Default "Step-by-step Guide"

Hello Jeremy,
RE: If you go with Cubase, let me know and I'll send a step-by-step guide that a friend of mine made for setting up VEPro templates with a slave.

My I also have a copy of this guide?

Thanks!!

Custom Made DAW Computer System by REMIS COMPUTER SOLUTIONS consisting of an Intel i9 7900x 10 core/20 thread 3.3ghz; AsRock Fatality x299; 64gb Ram; Windows 10, Cubase Pro 9; Antelope Orion 32+ HD audio system; Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestra, Hollywood Woodwinds, Symphonic Orchestra, EWQL Pianos, Ministry of Rock 2, Voices of Passion, Gypsy, Silk, QL Spaces.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Sent you guys a PM.

@Digitalelf, I tried sending you a pm but it wouldn't let me. Send me a message though the contact page on my site. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:16 PM

SuperKons is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspencer View Post
Sent you guys a PM.

@Digitalelf, I tried sending you a pm but it wouldn't let me. Send me a message though the contact page on my site. Thanks.
Cheers for that, that was very generous of you
Old 08-11-2017, 10:53 PM

Digitalelf is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jeremy, I went to your contact page and sent a message.

Custom Made DAW Computer System by REMIS COMPUTER SOLUTIONS consisting of an Intel i9 7900x 10 core/20 thread 3.3ghz; AsRock Fatality x299; 64gb Ram; Windows 10, Cubase Pro 9; Antelope Orion 32+ HD audio system; Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestra, Hollywood Woodwinds, Symphonic Orchestra, EWQL Pianos, Ministry of Rock 2, Voices of Passion, Gypsy, Silk, QL Spaces.