Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 07-29-2017, 12:58 PM

Heartii is on a distinguished road
Default Dry sounds and divisi patches

Hi,
I use Hollywood orchestra diamond edition, before begin to use it, i have entirely read the manual which gives you lots of tips and advices but i didn't found what i was looking for.
I want to make classical music and i want to achieve it by a dry, close and detailed sounds, i have played a lot with mics positions and especially the divisi section which allows you to use divisi mics inside the basics mics positions.

I search experienced guys for giving to me some cool advices for both classical sound and divisi patches, and i have noticed that inside the divisi section patch, even with severals players plays, no one are emphazed.
Divisi mode should be a detailed group which few players where emphasized.

How can i fix it ?
Best reguards
Old 07-31-2017, 08:51 PM
Platinum˛ Member

aptmusic9 is on a distinguished road

It sounds to me like you are desiring some single violin(s) that stick out occasionally? One can accomplish this with a solo violin patch from another library layered on top. I've also done this by recording myself on solo violin over the samples. Although it can sound very "realistic", in general string players find this sort of thing a bit distasteful however since good players/teachers strive to always blend together.

If you are trying to create a separation between divisi parts, you could try the "European Orchestra setup" by panning the 1st violins to the left and the 2nd violins to the right etc.
Core i7 3930k - ASUS PX79 Pro - 64GB RAM - W7 Pro on 240GB Neutron SSD - RME HDSPe AIO - OCZ RevoDrive 120GB - Crucial RealSSD 256GB - 8 x HDD - Motif XS8 - Focal Solo 6 Be - Cubase 7.0.4 - Sibelius 7 - VE PRO - QL Spaces - Altiverb 6 - Complete EWQL Hollywood Series Diamond - SC - SD2 - EWQL Pianos - MOR - Requiem Choir - VSL SE+ - Symphobia 1 and 2 - True Strike - Pro Tools 10 and 11