Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 08-07-2017, 01:06 AM

johnrmoore is on a distinguished road
Default PLAY and Logic Pro

Hello. I am very new to Composer Cloud and PLAY. I have read the manuals and watched the videos but can't find one piece of information - how do I open multiple versions of PLAY in Logic Pro?
Old 08-10-2017, 03:45 AM

Des1964 is on a distinguished road

Is this the level of answer you need...?

Make some software instrument tracks: main menu -> track -> new software instrument. In the main window select one of them. In the bottom left corner of the window you'll see 2 channel strips from the mixer, the left one being for the instrument you just chose; they're 2 items from the mixer. If you can't see them press "i" to show the inspector (or click "Show Inspector", 2nd item in main View menu). In the instrument's channel strip, about 6 items above the pan knob, click "Instrument" and select AU Instruments (down the bottom) -> East West -> Play -> Stereo (or one of the multi-output settings). Do the same for as many instances of Play you need.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:05 AM

eastwest7 is on a distinguished road

As he said basically open 1 instrument track and change the VST input to eastwest Play by clicking on the VST input box above the channel fader in the track inspector and browsing to Eastwest>Play in the VST browser menu. Then click the +button with the square around it [upper leftish area of screen] to duplicate the 1st Play instrument track however many times that you want to open new instances of play. You will then have to go into the browser page on each seperate instance of Play and change the .ewi (instruments) based on what you want to have loaded for each seperate instrument track. If you still can not figure out how to load an instrument track from these instructions, check out a YouTube video on "Logic Pro instrument tracks", once you figure that out it should be a piece of cake to load a bunch of instances of Play. Btw to actually see the play plug in on the screen you have to click where it says "Play" on the instrument VST input selection box above the fader area in the track inspector. As stated above, if you do not see the "Play", plug in slots, or the track fader then the track inspector is closed. So in this case remember to click the "i" to open the track inspector near the upper left side of the page so you can actually access your mixing plug ins and select which VST you want to load into that specific instrument track. If you do not see a window like this open on the left side you will need to click the "i" to open it up. If instrument VST input name says something other than "Play" you need to click on it and browse to load the Play plugin into that instrument track. I call it the instrument/VST input selection, and it's located in the same spot as the inputs are on an audio track- on an instrument track you will select which VST you use here. It's technically the VST input selection, or rather what VST you want to input sound into the track. Hope that makes sense.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:03 PM

Sorry, every time you see I said "VST" I meant "software instrument/virtual instrument". In Logic they do not have VST's plugins, they have AU plug ins. It's just a terminology/wording error on my part, anyways hopefully you get the practical side of what I am trying to say.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:02 AM

johnrmoore is on a distinguished road

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:44 PM

Awesome! no problem.