Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 12-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlx View Post
Subtotal $599.00
Tax $143.76
Total (USD) $742.76

That's an insane price. And it's "discounted" (from day 1) from 799$.
Yep. Pretty much the same in Canadian dollars, but that's not EW's fault. Will have to hold out for a sale, but I wish there was an upgrade from Symphonic Choirs available.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlx View Post
Subtotal $599.00
Tax $143.76
Total (USD) $742.76

That's an insane price. And it's "discounted" (from day 1) from 799$.
Where are you located, tax here in Los Angeles is $56, and in other states, zero?

There is also the option of a ComposerCloud subscription (including another 59 products), that starts at $24.99/mo.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Kabirdi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspencer View Post
Yep. Pretty much the same in Canadian dollars, but that's not EW's fault. Will have to hold out for a sale, but I wish there was an upgrade from Symphonic Choirs available.
Or a potential discount for those that own the main Hollywood Orchestra sections already (Percussion, Brass, Strings, Woodwinds).
Old 12-07-2017, 02:04 AM

vlx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Where are you located, tax here in Los Angeles is $56, and in other states, zero?

There is also the option of a ComposerCloud subscription (including another 59 products), that starts at $24.99/mo.

Romania.
Anyway, it's too expensive for me. And Composer Cloud for me not an option as i have almost all EW libraries i want, except Stormdrum 3 and Hollywood Choirs, which right now may be the the best choir library on market.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:44 AM

Ronny D. Ana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabirdi View Post
Or a potential discount for those that own the main Hollywood Orchestra sections already (Percussion, Brass, Strings, Woodwinds).
I also would appreciate this too! 599 bucks is way to much for me since I spent already so much money for Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, and Hollywood Orchestral Percussion. Not to mention when Voices of Empire comes out ...
I am on Composer Cloud also, but this is for trial purposes only and will not last very long.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:11 AM

Kabirdi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny D. Ana View Post
I also would appreciate this too! 599 bucks is way to much for me since I spent already so much money for Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, and Hollywood Orchestral Percussion. Not to mention when Voices of Empire comes out ...
I am on Composer Cloud also, but this is for trial purposes only and will not last very long.
I wish they offered the Close mic for Composer Cloud X as this is offered for all the other X libraries and it makes the most sense to offer it for Hollywood Choirs. I was ready to jump on Composer Cloud X during Black Friday until I realised that the Surround Mic was offered rather than the Close Microphone position.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabirdi View Post
I wish they offered the Close mic for Composer Cloud X as this is offered for all the other X libraries and it makes the most sense to offer it for Hollywood Choirs. I was ready to jump on Composer Cloud X during Black Friday until I realised that the Surround Mic was offered rather than the Close Microphone position.
Couldn't be done, it caused problems with the close mics that are widely used in the main mix, only surround didn't cause a problem.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Gold Member

Lostin Space is on a distinguished road

The choir is wonderful. Wow. The dynamics are way better than I imagined in my mind. Incredible job.

I have not run into any problems yet, except this very annoying license-error-warning making me "install" the PACE every time I turn on the computer to work with the daw. I run the installer, and it tells me that I already have an installation. And then it works.

Before I updated the win 7 I run into an almost everlasting problem with the "api-ms-win....." error. But I found a way. It has to do with the Visual C++. Wrong versions installed.

But the choir: do not be afraid to buy this incredible choir. Bugs will come and go, and EW will take care of it. I have been here for 11+ years, so I know from experience.

I am running windows 7 (clean install) with all updates, and Reaper.