Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 07:45 AM

Bouncy Nugget is on a distinguished road
Default Hollywood Percussion download?

I want to purchase Hollywood percussion but i don't want to purchase an HDD with it. I've got stacks of HDD's from buying VST libraries. I've got really fast internet and would rather download straight to my current SSD.

It doesn't appear as though Soundsonline offers download options anymore? Or is it through the EW manager software or something?

I also can't figure out how to contact the company either otherwise i wouldn't be posting here.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:55 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Hey Bouncy Nugget (great name btw), yes, you can download Hollywood Percussion; after purchase you will receive download and installation instructions.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:29 AM

Bouncy Nugget is on a distinguished road

I didn't realize this was the case. I thought the "WIN HD" part of the purchase meant you were buying a Hard Drive with a windows installer on it.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Gold for sure, just checking on Diamond.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Yes, Diamond is available for download also, that option has now been added, thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-21-2018, 08:48 PM

danno is on a distinguished road

Just bought diamond orchestra and I have gigabit internet. The percussion are available for download but not the rest? Id rather download than wait for an as unshipped HD (and have to pay shipping)

Also why still the iLok anachronism in this age of internet licensing?
Old 05-21-2018, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno View Post
Just bought diamond orchestra and I have gigabit internet. The percussion are available for download but not the rest? Id rather download than wait for an as unshipped HD (and have to pay shipping)

Also why still the iLok anachronism in this age of internet licensing?
Danno, you are in a tiny minority with a gigabit connection, it would take the average user many days to download just the 310GB Hollywood Strings Diamond collection, the whole Hollywood Orchestra Diamond collection is nearly 700GBs, plus users in many countries incur additional charges (or have restrictions) for excessive data use. The vast majority of our collection is available for download but these are the exception. Of course we would prefer delivering everything by download but it's just not practical at this time.

With regard to your second comment, we offer both machine (electronic) licenses placed on your computer or an iLok key for portability.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Danno, you are in a tiny minority with a gigabit connection, it would take the average user many days to download just the 310GB Hollywood Strings Diamond collection, the whole Hollywood Orchestra Diamond collection is nearly 700GBs
No argument with that, but it's worth considering adding download for those with access to faster internet and let it be their option.

Quote:
With regard to your second comment, we offer both machine (electronic) licenses placed on your computer or an iLok key for portability.
I know, but I mean dynamic dual use licensing which is common. For example I have an older 2009 Mac Pro on my master keyboard and controllers, and a 2013 Mac Pro I use for development. My plan (which I hope works) is to do all the main work on the older pro with the keyboard, then bring it to newer one for the final tweaks and cut (where I guess the extra performance will be needed). I will have to keep swapping the iLok between the two computers. Meanwhile, I have other software packages which cost much more than HO (with yearly subscription) which dynamically allow dual use. Laptop and desktop is a common use model for example.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:00 AM

QuestionGuy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to QuestionGuy

I have bought Hollywood Orchestra Diamond and Pianos Platinum via digital download from a german reseller and they offered a download from their own servers. I took a few days but its cheaper then buying a HDD if you already have enough space. So there is a way to download it.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:12 AM

I'll take it back; admin is right. Got my disk and loaded it onto a SSD. Even at that it took an hour or two. Even with gigabit internet I'd probably still prefer a disk.
Closed Thread