Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 05-13-2019, 12:51 AM

Andreas Busk is on a distinguished road
Default Transition from external SSD to a larger external SSD

I've installed a lot of libraries on my external 500gb Samsung SSD. Now I've bought a 1TB Samsung SSD and I plan to sell my 500GB.
I would now like to install my libraries to the new harddisk. Can I drag and drop the master folder with all my composer libraries from drive to drive?
And if not, do I have to 'locate directory and uninstall' from my old external before installing the same stuff onto the new one?
Best,
Andreas
Old 05-13-2019, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Hey Andreas,

you can easily move a library from one location to another by copying / pasting them like any regular folder. If you are unsure, if all the files were successfully moved, please compare to the following spreadsheet – the sizes of the individual libraries are approximations; different file systems (FAT32, exFAT, NTFS or Mac OS (Journaled) will result in different utilization of the available hardware and therefore GB used.

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/s...Comparison.pdf

After the transfer is complete, you'll only need to locate the library path directory:

The easiest way to do so is through the EW Installation Center, which you had downloaded and installed above.
- Open the Installation Center and login with your soundsonline.com account credentials.
- Hover over the library you want to add, and a gear should show up on the right-hand side.
- Click on the gear-icon and then choose “Locate Directory” or “Locate Directory and Reinstall”. The latter will result in a small download of a few MB, which will install the latest instrument files.
- Find / select the “Instruments” folder inside the Main Library Folder, then click “open”.
That library should then move itself into either your “Updates” section, which you should then run, or into ’Installed Libraries’ which means it should be ready to use in Play.

OR set them via the Play engine itself:
- Open PLAY in standalone mode (not in your DAW) from your Applications folder.
- Find the Favorites window in the lower left hand corner of PLAY. If you don't see the Favorites window, click Browser at the top of the interface.
- If you see the library title listed in the window already, control+click on it and choose "Set Product Library Directory". If you don't see it listed, right click anywhere in the window and choose "Add Product Library" and choose the product you’re trying to add from the menu that pops up.
- Navigate to where you have your libraries stored on your hard drive. Inside of each library’s folder, you should see two subfolders: an Instruments folder, and a Samples folder. Highlight and choose the Instruments folder.

NOTE: Umlauts (ä, ö, ü), diacritics (◌́, ◌̀, ◌̃, ◌̇, ◌̊, ◌̄ etc.) and any non-roman characters can result in the file path not being properly read. This can result in an error after the installation, when the library is in use. Please remove these umlauts and diacritics from your file path!

Once the library is in place in the new location, you can manually delete the old
one. The library needs to be manually deleted, it is not possible via the Installation Center
or Play. This is a safety precaution.

Cheers.

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, OS & DAWs - "On Drives" is being Updated
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.40, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii
Old 05-13-2019, 11:00 AM

Andreas Busk is on a distinguished road

T H A N K S a lot !

Best,

Andreas