Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 10-18-2017, 09:40 PM

charleyhankins is on a distinguished road
Default Mixing EWQL instruments.

I have tried lots of different plug-ins and such in my mixing, but with the EWQL instruments EQ'd and panned the way they are right out of the box, I'm finding that I like several of my mixes with very little additional EQ or reverb thrown into the mix at all. Since they sound so good right out of the box, I'm a little at a loss about what I need to do during the mixdown or mastering process. Any thoughts? Thanks, Charley.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:47 AM

SuperKons is on a distinguished road

No need to do anything more, if you think the instruments already sound great to you. You know how the saying goes, "if you do not need it, do not use it"
Old 10-21-2017, 04:09 PM
Gold Member

mrdsee is on a distinguished road

I like to use an instance of Spaces on the mix buss to tie all the instruments into one space. Sometimes though I'll use some of the reverbs in the Choirs library if looking for that Huge Chamber Choir sound.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:43 PM

SuperKons is on a distinguished road

I also do the "one reverb to glue them all", when working with different libraries
Old 10-21-2017, 06:19 PM

ChazC is on a distinguished road

I usually find adding a touch of reverb and very light compression to the whole orchestral section gives the final bit of polish but like everything with mixing, it's subjective.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K | 16Gb Ripjaws Z 1600 | Asus GT610 | Win 7 Pro (64 bit) | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD (System) | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | ProTools 11.3/12.5HD | Cubase 9 Pro/Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3 Pro | Live 9.5 | RME UFX | 2xOctopre Mkii Dyn | Alphatrack | DTouch Software | Logitech G510 Keyboard | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256