Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 10-24-2017, 12:30 PM

Tyrion101 is on a distinguished road
Default What's the difference between 0mni, Multi, and channel(1-16) number?

I exported midi from Sibelius to FL Studio, and I noticed that my pizzicato notes are light blue green. They will not play right away. If I add another channel to that track, set it to the pizzicato of the same instrument, and set it to 0mni they will play when the arco stops playing. However the pizzicato still plays when arco is playing. I think this means I just don't get what it is I am actually doing here. Arco is by default set to channel 1. The second channel is switched to 0mni. This is all on one track. My question is, what is the difference between the channel types? (0mni, multi, and 1-16) Is there a different solution to my dilemma? If you don't understand let me know, I can post pictures of what I mean later. Is there a way to get one to play while the other is not? Setting pizzicato to a numbered channel will only make it stop playing when the light blue green notes are being played.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:12 AM

QuestionGuy is on a distinguished road

Set the Arco Patch to channel 1. Set the pizz Patch to channel 2. Set the midi note on , off events and all Controller Data to the desired channel.