Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 11-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Here's an actual screenshot ...

Last edited by nviolette; 11-02-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:27 PM

gibbylimmer is on a distinguished road

So we are getting 5 mics? Surround I presume?
Old 11-02-2017, 04:04 AM
Silver Member

tommyrack13 is on a distinguished road

Looks great! I'm wondering (and hoping) about those 13 mics on the graphical representation and if we can select and work with each of those individually?

T
Various EWQL & other libraries - Cubase Pro 9.5 - Logic Pro X - Sibelius 7
Old 11-02-2017, 05:08 AM

mic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalis View Post
I'll be perfectly honest, I had hoped for a little more. Even just a short video/soundclip would've sufficed. Just to recap:

1. An announcement is made that EW Hollywood Choirs is being made. Great! I am excited.
2. An announcement is made that there will be an announcement made on the 1st of November. Great again! I'm looking forward to it.
3. Unfortunately, the annouced announcement announces that another announcement will be made in the next week.

Don't get me wrong! What I really care about at the end of the day is if it's good, and I don't mind having to wait for that. It's just that I would much prefer a substantial announcement rather than announcements about announcements, even if it means I'll have tad longer.

So yeah, while I am sure the product is good, I would much prefer a different marketing strategy. Just giving you my feedback!

Looking forward to hearing more about HC in the future!
mcalis I agree with you.
Without blaming anyone, I believe it is part of marketing operations. With that announcement and the reduction in ComposerCloud X subscription cost, there will have been many new members...
Although these are free market logics, I, like you, do not agree with their policy either. I prefer to see the announcement at the moment of release and especially with a series of audio demos to listen to. Probably these are much more useful than many ads, as well as look, a though appreciable, graphical interface
Steinberg Cubase Pro 9.0.30 - Cubase 8.5.30 - Libraries: EWQL Hollywood Strings/Brass/Woodwinds Gold, EWQL Symphonic Choir, QL Solo Violin, QL Gipsy, QL Ministry Of Rock 2 + EW ComposerCloud X - System 1: ASUS X99 Deluxe 2, CPU Intel Core i7 5930K, 64GB RAM, Hard Disk Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB, 6x Western Digital WD3001FAEX. System 2: CPU Intel Q9650 Quad 3.0GHz, 8GB RAM - Audio: Tascam FW-1884, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, NI Audio Kontrol 1 - Display: AOC Q2770P 27'' WQHD 2560x1440
Old 11-02-2017, 06:30 AM
Silver Member

Annabelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Annabelle

I'm looking forward to hearing what it sounds like! I sure hope they have support for all the possible dialects of English, as well as other foreign languages, which can all be translated into phonetics and Votox. I mean, American English is just not enough! Truth be told, choirs usually sing in more languages than that! I am getting pretty good at making lyrics in Wordbuilder though, and I sure hope the creators of the instrument have put forth my various requests for choir voices: Soprano, Mezzo Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, Bass, Girls, Boys, Men's Choir, Women's Choir, Children's Choir, SATB, SATB (With Children's Voices), Male Choir (Men and Boys), Female Choir (Women and Girls), Solo Girl, Solo Boy, Solo Soprano, Solo Mezzo Soprano, Solo Alto, Solo Tenor, Solo Baritone, and Solo Bass (All with Wordbuilder capabilities). In that request which I sent as a support case a few months ago, I also informed them of both the "Comfortable" and "Professional" ranges of all those voices. When I tried composing an arrangement of "O Canada" with Symphonic Choirs, I couldn't find the French R sound, or most of the French alphabets for that matter. To me, my version of the lyrics in Wordbuilder had a terrible sounding result. The English version was decent (it could have been improved if the instrument was more friendly toward screenreaders), but the French version sounded nothing like it would in reality. The Rolling R is all I could come up with for a French r sound, and to be honest with you, that sounds more like Spanish than French!

Music is the key to happiness and Joy. While the home of peace and harmony is The City Of Brotherly Love. Welcome home to Philadelphia!

Hardware:
Rockbox MC5XS Desktop, Intel Core I5 Processor, 3.30GHZ, 500GB Primary Drive, 1TB Recording Drive, 1TB Samples Drive, Motu 896HD Audio Interface, Akai MPK25 MIDI Controller
Software:
Windows 7 64 Bit, JAWS (Job Access With Speech) 10.0 Screenreader, Caketalking 8.5 for Sonar Accessibility Software, Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition, Play VST 64 Bit
Eastwest Quantum Leap Instruments:
Goliath, Gypsy, Pianos, RA, Stormdrums 2, Symphonic Choirs, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Voices Of Passion

Last edited by Annabelle; 11-02-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic View Post
mcalis I agree with you.
Without blaming anyone, I believe it is part of marketing operations. With that announcement and the reduction in ComposerCloud X subscription cost, there will have been many new members...
Although these are free market logics, I, like you, do not agree with their policy either. I prefer to see the announcement at the moment of release and especially with a series of audio demos to listen to. Probably these are much more useful than many ads, as well as look, a though appreciable, graphical interface
We have many users that want progress reports, that is what we are providing, hopefully you will feel the wait has been worth it.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyrack13 View Post
Looks great! I'm wondering (and hoping) about those 13 mics on the graphical representation and if we can select and work with each of those individually?

T
Yes, the MAIN is a mix the producers feel is a good blend of the highlighted mic positions; if you activate any other mixer channel you will have individual control of the mics in each location and the MAIN mix is automatically turned off. You can however add more SURROUND to the MAIN mix.

Last edited by admin; 11-02-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:17 AM

mic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
We have many users that want progress reports, that is what we are providing, hopefully you will feel the wait has been worth it.
I am also interested in progress reports but, IMO, I believe that an audio demo is worth more than a thousand announcements
Steinberg Cubase Pro 9.0.30 - Cubase 8.5.30 - Libraries: EWQL Hollywood Strings/Brass/Woodwinds Gold, EWQL Symphonic Choir, QL Solo Violin, QL Gipsy, QL Ministry Of Rock 2 + EW ComposerCloud X - System 1: ASUS X99 Deluxe 2, CPU Intel Core i7 5930K, 64GB RAM, Hard Disk Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB, 6x Western Digital WD3001FAEX. System 2: CPU Intel Q9650 Quad 3.0GHz, 8GB RAM - Audio: Tascam FW-1884, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, NI Audio Kontrol 1 - Display: AOC Q2770P 27'' WQHD 2560x1440
Old 11-02-2017, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic View Post
I am also interested in progress reports but, IMO, I believe that an audio demo is worth more than a thousand announcements
First of all, there have not been a thousand announcements, there was one announcement when we unveiled the product and another yesterday announcing a November release.

Audio/video demos etc. cannot be completed until the product is final, or it will be misrepresented. We anticipate rolling these out in the next 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by admin; 11-02-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:14 PM

neglorpf is on a distinguished road
Default Enough with the teasing!

We were informed that Hollywood Choirs would be available during "Fall 2017", which, by my calendar, began on or about September 21st. Nothing.

I was told on Oct. 31st that an announcement would be made "tomorrow".

Nov. 1st - no announcement other than the words "November Release" inserted on the lower right of the screen.

I think we need to get a collection together and buy EastWest a calendar. I like the products, but we don't need to be left hanging on a daily basis.