Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 12-13-2017, 12:48 AM

Tomoner is on a distinguished road

Hi i can't use play 6 with my maschine studio with the nks format.
I can open play 6 as a classic vst but i don't found my eastwest libraries or play 6 in the maschine browser...
Who use this configuration please?
Thanks thomas
Old 12-13-2017, 03:44 AM

Rossen is on a distinguished road
Default FX in HC Multis

I just realised, that I need to FX every single Hollywood Choirs Util P of the Multis to really FX the Choir. That's kind of annoying.
Can't we just get a MAIN OUT to work and FX with? Please?
Old 12-15-2017, 12:56 PM

dix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dix View Post
Play 6 takes approximately 2 minutes to launch in standalone and/or as a plugin in DAWs on my system. Way too long. Play 5 takes just a few secs. Can anyone suggest anything to speed this up? Thanks!

My system: 2009 4,1 MacPro > 5,1 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.11.6, 24GB RAM
Solved my very slow Play 6 launch issue.

With the help of EW support I figured out that Play 6 and the East West Installation Center were not happy having an iLok1 on my USB bus. I tried just moving my EW licenses from the iLok1 to the iLok2, but that had no effect. It's wasn't until I took the old iLok1 out of the scheme completely that Play 6 and the IC, as well as the plugin and AU inspection, all launch normally within a couple seconds.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dix View Post
Solved my very slow Play 6 launch issue.

With the help of EW support I figured out that Play 6 and the East West Installation Center were not happy having an iLok1 on my USB bus. I tried just moving my EW licenses from the iLok1 to the iLok2, but that had no effect. It's wasn't until I took the old iLok1 out of the scheme completely that Play 6 and the IC, as well as the plugin and AU inspection, all launch normally within a couple seconds.
Good to hear, thank you for checking back in with your update.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:37 AM

AlanPerkins is on a distinguished road
Default Pay for Play 6 upgrade

I am a hobbyist composer and I own a lot of EastWest libraries and am really happy with the results I get. I also happen to be a Sonar Cakewalk "lifetime" user.

I want to address the issue of the Play 6 upgrade and the concern customers have about paying for the upgrade.

I understand the customer perspective that this doesn't seem fair somehow, but I also understand the EastWest perspective that it doesn't seem to be fair to not be paid for the work.

As an industry filled with both professionals and amateurs, there is a self-defeating culture where people expect a great deal for nothing and I think we need to be careful. This is a symbiotic relationship between software/library vendor and creating consumer/producer. If we want the products to continuously advance we need to feed the machine that produces those products. We can't expect a small few to bear that load, nor can we expect the vendors to provide their products for free.

This is particularly pertinent and sensitive at the moment with the demise of Cakewalk Sonar. Over the years, people there complained about paying for upgrades and chose to come in and out of the upgrade chain. When that happens, everyone is worse off because the products don't get fed in the way they need to be fed, with everyone sharing the cost of the upgrades. Sonar eventually moved to a subscription model, which enabled Cakewalk to focus on fixing underlying bugs and inefficiencies instead of putting every last moment into adding some dubious marginal shiny thing. Eventually, in a bid to get everyone to subscribe, they made an offer that was too good to be true: lifetime upgrades for the price of one year's subscription. I was one of the people who warned that this was a stupid mistake, and now the company is sadly sinking into oblivion because the users couldn't fuel the engine room.

I personally would love to see Play continue to improve, to get faster to load etc. And if everyone contributes then the product can continue to advance for everyone's benefit.

Having said that, I think there should be discounts provided to Symphonic Choir users to get into the Hollywood Choir products as it will expand the base of people willing to enter.

It's a difficult one for EW - the cloud product is not valuable for those who already own most of the libraries, so marketing new products through that mechanism will have limited success.

Anyway, I digress. My main point is that we need to support the vendors to ensure they are in a position to continue to advance with the best possible products rather than speculate or focus on shininess when that isn't what is required.

I'll pay for the Play 6 upgrade in order to support the company. I'd dearly love to buy both the new vocal libraries, but I can't justify the price having already invested in the other libraries.

I sincerely hope they are successful.

And now I have to learn a new DAW.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:44 AM

scottgius@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know when Play 6 will be compliant with original Symphonic Choirs? I would like to take advantage of it on my slave PC where SC is loaded, but I don't want to disable my ability to use SC along with my other libraries.
Hollywood Diamond Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, RA, Voices of Passion, Platinum Pianos, EWQLSO XP Platinum Play, Symphonic Choirs, Goliath, SD2, Synthogy Italian Pianos, Atmosphere, Chris Hein Horns 1.5 & 2, Kontakt Komplete, Sonar Professional, Trillian Bass, Addictive Drums, Nuendo 4, Q6700 Vista 64 8GB (X 2), WD Raptor 10K, M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge (2) Muse Receptor 2 ProMax, Yamaha S-90.

"If you don't risk anything, you risk even more"
Old 12-19-2017, 09:00 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgius@gmail.com View Post
Does anyone know when Play 6 will be compliant with original Symphonic Choirs? I would like to take advantage of it on my slave PC where SC is loaded, but I don't want to disable my ability to use SC along with my other libraries.
It is compliant as of the latest 6.01 update.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:07 PM
Silver Member

jryser is on a distinguished road

I just got Play 6 loaded. Well WELL worth the minimal price for the new stability. No complaints from a long time EW user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2017, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

LMW is on a distinguished road

Great. Have fun, jryser.

Helpful links: Sample Path, Library Sizes, Tips and Tricks, On Harddrives, On DAWs
Hardware: OS W7 Pro, i7-4910MQ 2,9 GHz (Overclock to 3,9 GHz), 32GB RAM, int. 3TB 840 EVO SSDs,
ext. 1TB Samsung T1 + 6TB backup + UR22 Interface + Kawai MP7 (88 Keys) + Yamaha MS60S Speakers
Software: Cubase Pro 8.0.40, PLAY v6.X.X, EastWest et multi alii
Old 12-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Platinum˛ Member

aptmusic9 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully this hasn't already been answered, but has anyone done a before and after comparison of PLAY 5 and 6? Aside from the convolution and other benefits, are there any noticeable improvements in performance for projects made with PLAY5 instruments? (Mem usage, CPU use etc.)
Core i7 3930k - ASUS PX79 Pro - 64GB RAM - W7 Pro on 240GB Neutron SSD - RME HDSPe AIO - OCZ RevoDrive 120GB - Crucial RealSSD 256GB - 8 x HDD - Motif XS8 - Focal Solo 6 Be - Cubase 7.0.4 - Sibelius 7 - VE PRO - QL Spaces - Altiverb 6 - Complete EWQL Hollywood Series Diamond - SC - SD2 - EWQL Pianos - MOR - Requiem Choir - VSL SE+ - Symphobia 1 and 2 - True Strike - Pro Tools 10 and 11