Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 04-28-2020, 03:25 AM

bhuether is on a distinguished road
Default Logic Pro won't open due to Play plugin error - ideas?

I have a fairly large project that was using about 45GB RAM (computer has 64GB). I then added another Play patch (some cello articulation, max around 2GB), and Logic crashed, and now I can't open my project. I keep getting an error about the Play plugin.

I restarted my computer, but still have the problem.

Any idea how to recover? It would be pretty tough for me to rebuild all these Play instances, since I would have to figure out all the articulations I used for each Play loaded on a track. So hoping someone has brilliant idea for how to get this project to open.

thanks,
Brian
Old 04-28-2020, 08:23 AM
Gold Member

Jay Asher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay Asher

Open a fresh project and import them, one by one or a few at a time to see if one instance has been corrupted.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

michaelpluebell is on a distinguished road

Does Play still load as a standalone application from your Applications > East West folder ?

Does Play open in new projects in logic but just not in the saved one? (if that's the case then Jay's suggestion would be the way around that)

If either of those are not true, let me know.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:28 PM

bhuether is on a distinguished road

I ended up hitting abort button as Logic was loading samples, then removed the Play instances gradually til I found the instance that seemed to cause trouble. Back to normal, but I still had to reload articulations just by my memory and looking at the tracks, and figuring out what MIDI channels were what articulations. Ideally, Play would save a text file that describes the project so that in these sorts of situations you load the text file and Play knows everything to reload.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

michaelpluebell is on a distinguished road

What instruments are used in a project are saved in the project itself, not in Play, but you can go to Play's Main Menu > Save As.. and save instrument multi backups for any projects so as to be able to reload those should anything go off
Old 05-01-2020, 04:40 AM

Lee Batchelor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpluebell View Post
What instruments are used in a project are saved in the project itself, not in Play, but you can go to Play's Main Menu > Save As and save instrument multi backups for any projects so as to be able to reload those should anything go off
This suggestion relates to my earlier question, Michael. So after I set up a voice, I could click Save As:
  • Fly Me To The Moon-1st Trumpet
  • Fly Me To The Moon-1st Violins
...and so on for use in other songs or for just recalling the exact details of the voice used? As it is now, you have to look at the Mixer or Player window to recall the voice name and you can't see all of it because it's only partially visible due to the entire window not being resizeable. That last thing would be very beneficial. The fonts are really small as well. HALion 6 finally added resizing to its window, which really helped.