Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:26 AM
jspencer jspencer is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, Canada, Eh!
Posts: 3,751
jspencer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlx View Post
Subtotal $599.00
Tax $143.76
Total (USD) $742.76

That's an insane price. And it's "discounted" (from day 1) from 799$.
Yep. Pretty much the same in Canadian dollars, but that's not EW's fault. Will have to hold out for a sale, but I wish there was an upgrade from Symphonic Choirs available.
__________________
http://www.jeremyspencer.ca
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:42 AM
admin's Avatar
admin admin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,562
admin has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlx View Post
Subtotal $599.00
Tax $143.76
Total (USD) $742.76

That's an insane price. And it's "discounted" (from day 1) from 799$.
Where are you located, tax here in Los Angeles is $56, and in other states, zero?

There is also the option of a ComposerCloud subscription (including another 59 products), that starts at $24.99/mo.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 12-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Kabirdi Kabirdi is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Kabirdi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspencer View Post
Yep. Pretty much the same in Canadian dollars, but that's not EW's fault. Will have to hold out for a sale, but I wish there was an upgrade from Symphonic Choirs available.
Or a potential discount for those that own the main Hollywood Orchestra sections already (Percussion, Brass, Strings, Woodwinds).
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 12-07-2017, 02:04 AM
vlx vlx is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7
vlx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Where are you located, tax here in Los Angeles is $56, and in other states, zero?

There is also the option of a ComposerCloud subscription (including another 59 products), that starts at $24.99/mo.

Romania.
Anyway, it's too expensive for me. And Composer Cloud for me not an option as i have almost all EW libraries i want, except Stormdrum 3 and Hollywood Choirs, which right now may be the the best choir library on market.
__________________
Cubase Pro 9.5, Hollywood Orchestra Diamond, Hollywood Harp Diamond, Silk, StormDrum 2 Pro, Pianos Gold, Symphonic Choirs Platinum, Spaces
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-07-2017, 02:44 AM
Ronny D. Ana Ronny D. Ana is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 6
Ronny D. Ana is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabirdi View Post
Or a potential discount for those that own the main Hollywood Orchestra sections already (Percussion, Brass, Strings, Woodwinds).
I also would appreciate this too! 599 bucks is way to much for me since I spent already so much money for Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, and Hollywood Orchestral Percussion. Not to mention when Voices of Empire comes out ...
I am on Composer Cloud also, but this is for trial purposes only and will not last very long.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-07-2017, 05:11 AM
Kabirdi Kabirdi is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Kabirdi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny D. Ana View Post
I also would appreciate this too! 599 bucks is way to much for me since I spent already so much money for Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, and Hollywood Orchestral Percussion. Not to mention when Voices of Empire comes out ...
I am on Composer Cloud also, but this is for trial purposes only and will not last very long.
I wish they offered the Close mic for Composer Cloud X as this is offered for all the other X libraries and it makes the most sense to offer it for Hollywood Choirs. I was ready to jump on Composer Cloud X during Black Friday until I realised that the Surround Mic was offered rather than the Close Microphone position.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 AM
admin's Avatar
admin admin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,562
admin has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabirdi View Post
I wish they offered the Close mic for Composer Cloud X as this is offered for all the other X libraries and it makes the most sense to offer it for Hollywood Choirs. I was ready to jump on Composer Cloud X during Black Friday until I realised that the Surround Mic was offered rather than the Close Microphone position.
Couldn't be done, it caused problems with the close mics that are widely used in the main mix, only surround didn't cause a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 12-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Lostin Space Lostin Space is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 771
Lostin Space is on a distinguished road
Default

The choir is wonderful. Wow. The dynamics are way better than I imagined in my mind. Incredible job.

I have not run into any problems yet, except this very annoying license-error-warning making me "install" the PACE every time I turn on the computer to work with the daw. I run the installer, and it tells me that I already have an installation. And then it works.

Before I updated the win 7 I run into an almost everlasting problem with the "api-ms-win....." error. But I found a way. It has to do with the Visual C++. Wrong versions installed.

But the choir: do not be afraid to buy this incredible choir. Bugs will come and go, and EW will take care of it. I have been here for 11+ years, so I know from experience.

I am running windows 7 (clean install) with all updates, and Reaper.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 12-13-2017, 12:03 PM
JBlongz's Avatar
JBlongz JBlongz is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 461
JBlongz is on a distinguished road
Question Phonemes

For those with the library, I curious of how it can work using Pinyin, the English representation of Chinese pronunciations.

For example:

Wo zai zheli = 我在這裡 = I am here.

If anyone is familiar with mandarin and pinyin, Id like to know how well pinyin can work. It may be a nice tweak to make word builder useful for my Taiwanese clients.
__________________
Apollo Twin|Early 2013 Retina MacBook Pro 15" Loaded, Akitio Neutrino Thunderbolt + 2TB 850 Pro SSD) YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM
peter5992's Avatar
peter5992 peter5992 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 5,200
peter5992 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlongz View Post
For those with the library, I curious of how it can work using Pinyin, the English representation of Chinese pronunciations.

For example:

Wo zai zheli = 我在這裡 = I am here.

If anyone is familiar with mandarin and pinyin, Id like to know how well pinyin can work. It may be a nice tweak to make word builder useful for my Taiwanese clients.
Hm ... that's probably a question of trial and error. You'd have to try it yourself and see how it works out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.