Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 11-03-2017, 04:42 AM
Silver Member

tommyrack13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Yes, the MAIN is a mix the producers feel is a good blend of the highlighted mic positions; if you activate any other mixer channel you will have individual control of the mics in each location and the MAIN mix is automatically turned off. You can however add more SURROUND to the MAIN mix.
This is hugely exciting. It's the features like this that really give these libraries extended life and usage - being able to fine tune the recording vibe of the choirs is going to be amazing!

T
Various EWQL & other libraries - Cubase Pro 9.5 - Logic Pro X - Sibelius 7
Old 11-03-2017, 07:59 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neglorpf View Post
We were informed that Hollywood Choirs would be available during "Fall 2017", which, by my calendar, began on or about September 21st. Nothing.

I was told on Oct. 31st that an announcement would be made "tomorrow".

Nov. 1st - no announcement other than the words "November Release" inserted on the lower right of the screen.

I think we need to get a collection together and buy EastWest a calendar. I like the products, but we don't need to be left hanging on a daily basis.
We appreciate the interest but we simply cannot release a product until it's ready. We made the November 1 announcement on our Facebook page, and "Fall 2017" actually ends December 21, we will be well within that time frame with a November release.

Last edited by admin; 11-03-2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:43 AM

scorpio187 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to scorpio187

Does it include children's choir?
Old 11-04-2017, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio187 View Post
No
Old 11-05-2017, 10:04 AM

mcalis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio187
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
No
To be honest, I didn't expect it to include a children's choir from the cover, I was hopeful though, since Symphonic Choir included a boy's choir.

Now, I am feeling pretty confident about EW's ability to get this product right. Hollywood Brass, Perc and String still hold up amazingly well today and the Woodwinds, after the updates, are solid too. The massive performance update with Play 5 gave me even more reason to feel confident about EW's ability to get things done right.

That said, if this new choir lives up to the expectations, I sincerely hope EW will consider expanding it with a Children's choir someday. I know, I know... cart before the horse and all that... but there aren't that many good sampled Children's choirs and the faux latin phrases plague is even more prevalent there (plus the bog-standard Aah's and Ooh's).

I'm looking forward to more news!
Old 11-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Silver Member

George Bellas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalis View Post
I sincerely hope EW will consider expanding it with a Children's choir someday.
I am very much looking forward to Hollywood Choirs, but also wanted to express my interest in a modern children's choir with wordbuilder capabilities. Hollywood Children's Choir would indeed be a welcomed addition to the Hollywood series.

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6, Logic Pro X, PLAY 5, RME RayDAT, Focusrite Red Series and ISA Mic Pres, Apogee Converters, Coleman Audio SR5.1 MKII

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus, Symphonic Choirs, QL Pianos, Silk, Voices of Passion, Stormdrum 2, Gypsy, Goliath, Ministry of Rock, Voices of the Apocalypse, Superior Drummer, VE Pro, Spaces
Old 11-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Silver Member

George Bellas is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Remember that ecstatic feeling you got when you were a kid on the night before Christmas? That's what waiting for this feels like to me!

Thanks to Doug, Nick, and all the unsung coders for their passionate work to bring what I am confident will be an inspiring composing tool.

Palestrina would freak out.

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6, Logic Pro X, PLAY 5, RME RayDAT, Focusrite Red Series and ISA Mic Pres, Apogee Converters, Coleman Audio SR5.1 MKII

Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Brass Diamond, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus, Symphonic Choirs, QL Pianos, Silk, Voices of Passion, Stormdrum 2, Gypsy, Goliath, Ministry of Rock, Voices of the Apocalypse, Superior Drummer, VE Pro, Spaces
Old 11-11-2017, 02:29 AM

Erenion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic View Post
mcalis I agree with you.
I prefer to see the announcement at the moment of release and especially with a series of audio demos to listen to. Probably these are much more useful than many ads, as well as look, a though appreciable, graphical interface
I suppose the first announcement made few months ago, gives also time to study how the product is perceived and what could be additionnal users expectations

Old 11-11-2017, 04:07 PM

woodsglen is on a distinguished road

Will this and the other "Hollywood" samples ( horns, orchestra, etc ) be available in the " composer cloud - X" subscription? Thank you.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsglen View Post
Will this and the other "Hollywood" samples ( horns, orchestra, etc ) be available in the " composer cloud - X" subscription? Thank you.
Yes